Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-09-2012 19:45:27

lgt
Website

CCP8 Relationship Bi-Directional?

Are the links in the Related Products going to be optionally bi-directional?

It did not appear to be in Screenshot 9.

There may be some protests if Relationships are not allowed to be Bi-Di.

I'm not judging by the way.

#2 08-10-2012 07:20:02

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: CCP8 Relationship Bi-Directional?

Hello lgt. 

The relationships in version 8 are uni-directional, as they are in versions 6 and 7.  They're just much, much easier to manage.  I didn't want to go with a bi-directional setup because most users want the ability to related product X to A, B and C and product Y to A, B and C, but do not want to relate A, B or C to X and Y (if you catch my drift).  Using a bi-directional setup gives you the ability to control exactly which items are presented in the related items section for each product.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-10-2012 16:13:03

lgt
Website

Not to debate the point, but including a button with the option (like X-Cart)  makes things a GREAT DEAL easier for those adding new products.

BTW, I do like the look of the related products option.

#4 08-10-2012 16:16:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks.  I should have taken a screenshot of relating categories or options instead of relating products to products.  The category and option dialogs have the ability to add new categories and options from right within the manage products interface.  We just don't do that for product to product relationships because you'd basically be adding the same thing.

Nick Hendler

#5 08-11-2012 16:15:47

jj1987
Website

lgt wrote:

Not to debate the point, but including a button with the option (like X-Cart)  makes things a GREAT DEAL easier for those adding new products.

BTW, I do like the look of the related products option.

If you want to make it where products are linked each way for ALL products, I can write a CRON job for you that will do that.  Once released shoot me a PM or start a new thread and I'll post how to do it.

-James Garrett

#6 08-11-2012 20:34:27

lgt
Website

That would be GREAT!!!!!  Thanks!

OOPS!  No, I just want where if one product is related, then the other can be automatically (through a radio button option) related to the first product.  Like a sibling relationship.

Under this system, when I add a new exciting pea sheller, it will be easy to create a related product relationship to the old pea shellers.  But then I will have to go to each established product to create the relationship to the new one.

I'm disappointed because it was one of the things I lobbied for.  Off to the mod shop.

Last edited by lgt (08-12-2012 08:46:33)

#7 08-16-2012 19:47:15

jj1987
Website

lgt wrote:

That would be GREAT!!!!!  Thanks!

OOPS!  No, I just want where if one product is related, then the other can be automatically (through a radio button option) related to the first product.  Like a sibling relationship.

Under this system, when I add a new exciting pea sheller, it will be easy to create a related product relationship to the old pea shellers.  But then I will have to go to each established product to create the relationship to the new one.

I'm disappointed because it was one of the things I lobbied for.  Off to the mod shop.

So if you had a duplicated version of what's there now, one for single directional, one for bidirectional, would that work?

-James Garrett

#8 08-17-2012 05:20:52

lgt
Website

You know, that would be an EXCELLENT idea.  One column of "related to me.." and one column of "I'm related to.."

A fine example is the Master Cracker that I will be adding this weekend to 4 stores.

I will be adding 6 established products to it.  However, I will be adding the Master Cracker as a related product to 8 established products.

One established product goes by three different names so I'll only have one of those displayed on the Master Cracker  web page.  But, I want the Master Cracker displayed on the other two web pages as a related product.

I guess it is off to the Mod Shop..

Board footer