Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-13-2012 12:17:53

JDLS88
Website

CCP7 skin creation documentation?

I'm looking to convert a pre-existing HTML/CSS template over to a functioning CCP7 skin. Using another skin I'm familiar with, I copy/pasted over all of the PHP in that skin's index.php to my new skin's. I thought this would work, but apparently not. I enabled the new theme in all of the required places and yet it still shows the default skin. I even tried adding that other skin I'm familiar, thinking it was CCP-centric, but that skin actually worked. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

Is there any good documentation on what needs to be done to convert something into a skin?

Jeremy D.

#2 08-13-2012 12:38:51

jj1987
Website

Re: CCP7 skin creation documentation?

JDLS88 wrote:

I'm looking to convert a pre-existing HTML/CSS template over to a functioning CCP7 skin. Using another skin I'm familiar with, I copy/pasted over all of the PHP in that skin's index.php to my new skin's. I thought this would work, but apparently not. I enabled the new theme in all of the required places and yet it still shows the default skin. I even tried adding that other skin I'm familiar, thinking it was CCP-centric, but that skin actually worked. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

Is there any good documentation on what needs to be done to convert something into a skin?

Go to both system and cart-
System/Cart > Component > Profile
Display Skin Override

-James Garrett

#3 08-13-2012 12:52:58

JDLS88
Website

Yes, I've tried that. That's how I enabled it. But despite my skin being selected as the default override it just displays the default.

Jeremy D.

#4 08-14-2012 11:37:26

JDLS88
Website

Can anyone give me any guidance at all? This really seems like something that should be well documented, but unless I'm missing it, it's not. Are there required DIVs that need to be in the skin? Are there required chunks of CSS that need to be in the skin? Is there something to it beyond just throwing in a bunch of php prints and stuff?

Jeremy D.

#5 08-15-2012 16:37:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Nick Hendler

Board footer