Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-27-2012 07:16:33

Panmanjon
Website

European Law on Cookies

The following message is now considered one solution to the new laws regarding the use of cookies
This example is taken from the which website  http://www.which.co.uk which is a respectable website.

This really should be included in any Kryptronic europaCart future solutions note this is not constrained to just eCommerce but any site using cookies!

"Sorry for interrupting, but there is something we need to tell you...
We have updated our cookie policy to reflect changes in the law on cookies and tracking technologies used on websites. To show you this page, we placed cookies on your computer. If you continue on this website, we will use further cookies to maximise your experience and help us to understand how we can improve it."

#2 07-27-2012 07:34:20

ashley

Re: European Law on Cookies

I believe by using default Kryptronic you're not breaking any laws, they are considered essential cookies (only one, sid, is set) and thus exempt from the law. You only need some sort of "do you accept" message if you use non-essential cookies, such as Google Analytics or Google AdWords tracking etc.

If you just use default Kryptronic you'll probably want a cookie policy somewhere on the site just so you're covered. You can give the recommendations a read at http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations … kies.aspx.

Last edited by ashley (07-27-2012 07:34:57)

#3 07-31-2012 04:06:11

markp17
Website

i have used a small DIV slide up box on my blog, which i will implement on my site soon, it is advisable regardless to have something as the EUROCRATS are looking to make some cash from fines I would imagine after all they need cash for the bailouts and what better way to raise it with stealth taxes and red tape

#4 07-31-2012 04:07:23

markp17
Website

forgot to say this does not just effect EU online business but also any business in the world selling into the EU via the web

Board footer