Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-17-2012 04:49:39

Commsman
Website

Cross Selling - customers who bought this also bought...

I would like to implement a display on the cart page that imitates Amazon's cross selling technique of offering information on items related to the product in the cart.

I know I can display related items on the product detail page (although I am having difficulty implementing this just at the moment - maybe an issue with a theme). I am also assuming I should be able to modify the words used above the related products list to say whatever I like ("Customers who bought this also bought...")

Any tips would be gratefully received.

Regards

Julian

#2 02-18-2012 16:25:28

cyberws

Re: Cross Selling - customers who bought this also bought...

I have been wishing this for years.  Since CCP uses a database there is no reason why CCP can't query the database for what products were bought with what and then display them based on number purchased in descending order.  To aid with optimization CCP should have a bought_with or suggestions table and rebuild this daily with background cron task.  This way it won't slow down a store trying to rebuild this every time a page loads.  I feel your pain.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#3 02-19-2012 16:16:45

dh783
Website

I have had this running since as a custom mod since 2008.

John

#4 07-25-2012 13:39:15

amdowney
Website

Yes hope v8 does this...

Board footer