Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-03-2012 09:59:55

citapinc

Pre-Authorization on Web Orders

How can I setup CCP 7 so when orders come in they pre-authorize the credit card instead of charging the credit card?  What I would like to do is for some products have the card pre-authorized, then authorize the card once the order is verified and confirmed.

This is important because we have been getting a lot of fraud orders recently.  This way we can confirm the order with the end user and verify that the order and the person is legit before the card is actually charged saving us a ton of money and charge backs.

#2 07-03-2012 10:38:07

larry

Re: Pre-Authorization on Web Orders

If you use Authorize.net, this post https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=22567 will help.

Laurie Stephens

#3 07-05-2012 08:21:38

jj1987
Website

Which gateway are you using?  This is usually a fairly simple edit, but we need to know that first...

-James Garrett

#4 07-05-2012 18:11:31

citapinc

Larry and JJ1987, right now I'm using Offline.  My merchant account is with Sage Payment Solutions and currently CCP does not have a merchant gateway written for them.  It looks like I'm going to have to write one however before I start coding I would like to see if this feature exists within CCP and if a merchant Gateway is already doing this.

From what I've read so far, it looks like the answer is no.  So I guess the real question boils down to this.  Is CCP setup to handle PreAuthorizations at order type and Authorization when the order is shipped?

#5 07-05-2012 18:51:25

jj1987
Website

citapinc wrote:

Larry and JJ1987, right now I'm using Offline.  My merchant account is with Sage Payment Solutions and currently CCP does not have a merchant gateway written for them.  It looks like I'm going to have to write one however before I start coding I would like to see if this feature exists within CCP and if a merchant Gateway is already doing this.

From what I've read so far, it looks like the answer is no.  So I guess the real question boils down to this.  Is CCP setup to handle PreAuthorizations at order type and Authorization when the order is shipped?

Not really.  There are "Post order updates" that you could implement to do such, but unless you're a very high volume retailer, I don't know that it's worth the effort.

-James Garrett

#6 07-05-2012 20:04:25

dh783
Website

CCP doesn't hold card numbers or authorization codes so it would have no way of completing the order.

John

#7 07-06-2012 05:03:53

Dave

citapinc wrote:

My merchant account is with Sage Payment Solutions

How is that different from the SagePay (Protx) Direct - Secure Server gateway that is available with CCP?  Changing the processing from sale to authorization should be a simple matter of changing the transaction type in the gateway code. The final authorization for an order that was authorized only would need to be done through Sage though not CCP and that would not get sent back to CCP.

#8 07-06-2012 11:35:05

citapinc

Dave wrote:

citapinc wrote:

My merchant account is with Sage Payment Solutions

How is that different from the SagePay (Protx) Direct - Secure Server gateway that is available with CCP?  Changing the processing from sale to authorization should be a simple matter of changing the transaction type in the gateway code. The final authorization for an order that was authorized only would need to be done through Sage though not CCP and that would not get sent back to CCP.

Dave:

SagePay is the UK version of Sage Payment Solutions.  However I found out that they are also incompatible with each other.  Therefore I couldn't use SagePay for my US Sage Payment Solutions merchant account.

As for the preauthorization to authorization, it looks like I'm out of luck on this.  However it would be a nice feature to add down the road.

Board footer