Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-01-2012 18:18:08

kev

How to set Sales Tax amounts in CCP for all 50 states

When selling products in all 50 states, do I just need to add a Sales Tax percentage to the state that my business is incorporated in and then set the other states as zero sales tax?

#2 06-01-2012 22:10:29

Iceit88
Website

Re: How to set Sales Tax amounts in CCP for all 50 states

You need to collect sales tax usually for any state in which your business has a physical presence, and the items are taxable.  The other states would then be set to 0.

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#3 06-04-2012 05:46:55

kev

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I am planning on expanding my UK business into the US market.  I think that I would need the following to trade as a subsidiary division in the USA:

1. Establish a LLC in the U.S. (I've researched this and can see that it is possible to do online through a business registration agent, I was thinking about incorporating in Wyoming as there is no business tax)

2. Resale certificates as my business uses wholesalers and drop-shipping services, denoting the U.S. LLC for all states (I'm not sure what the best way of doing this is yet.  Perhaps, contact the local government office for each state?)

3. Fully secured credit line by a U.S. bank back by a letter of credit. (Looks like a flight across the Atlantic soon to set this up)

4. The LLC would also need a local U.S. address (I'm thinking of getting a virtual office address from the LLC registration agent)

5.  CCP7 hosted by Kryptronic in the US - I'm trying to figure out the best way to have an IP Address location in the US for use when accessing supplier systems when I am in the UK as having spoken to suppliers about access to their systems they stated that it would be best if the Client IP address was a US IP Address when I connect to their services.  I need like a login to a US server or machine etc and then connecting to service providers from that machine even though I am physically at my computer in the UK.

#4 07-05-2012 09:19:20

jj1987
Website

kev wrote:

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

I am planning on expanding my UK business into the US market.  I think that I would need the following to trade as a subsidiary division in the USA:

1. Establish a LLC in the U.S. (I've researched this and can see that it is possible to do online through a business registration agent, I was thinking about incorporating in Wyoming as there is no business tax)

2. Resale certificates as my business uses wholesalers and drop-shipping services, denoting the U.S. LLC for all states (I'm not sure what the best way of doing this is yet.  Perhaps, contact the local government office for each state?)

3. Fully secured credit line by a U.S. bank back by a letter of credit. (Looks like a flight across the Atlantic soon to set this up)

4. The LLC would also need a local U.S. address (I'm thinking of getting a virtual office address from the LLC registration agent)

5.  CCP7 hosted by Kryptronic in the US - I'm trying to figure out the best way to have an IP Address location in the US for use when accessing supplier systems when I am in the UK as having spoken to suppliers about access to their systems they stated that it would be best if the Client IP address was a US IP Address when I connect to their services.  I need like a login to a US server or machine etc and then connecting to service providers from that machine even though I am physically at my computer in the UK.

Eleven2 hosting is great for shared hosting, and would give you a US IP address.

If you just need an IP address for your own computer, I use this company for privacy reasons, and they have 4 US servers you can VPN into.
netignition.com

-James Garrett

#5 07-06-2012 06:22:51

kev

Thanks for your input James.

Regarding US servers you can VPN into with netignition.com - this is probably a stupid question but I'm not a network admin type of guy -

would the VPN Machine (Windows?) have a web browser installed on it that I could use to connect to US supplier systems?

#6 07-06-2012 06:29:52

jj1987
Website

kev wrote:

Thanks for your input James.

Regarding US servers you can VPN into with netignition.com - this is probably a stupid question but I'm not a network admin type of guy -

would the VPN Machine (Windows?) have a web browser installed on it that I could use to connect to US supplier systems?

You connect to the VPN on your computer, just as you would if you were connecting to a corporate network, and the outside world then sees you as if you're sitting in the building where the VPN server is hosted.  If you used your computer to connect to the Denver, CO VPN we would all think you're from Denver based off your IP address.

-James Garrett

#7 07-06-2012 07:12:31

amdowney
Website

For updating multiple database entries in one hit whether it be states, products or anything else, a simple MySQL query can do it all in one go rather than editing them all individually which can be overkill.

PhPMyadmin is best for direct database editing which you should have with your hosting account.

For example the following code would set all products with Swann in the name to be on sale:

Code:

update ecom_prod set pricestatus = 'S' where `name`LIKE'%swann%'

Last edited by amdowney (07-06-2012 07:13:14)

Board footer