Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-01-2012 11:41:05

Scootercrew
Website

Site is DOWN - Help!!!

This is what was going on before the site went down.

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=29724

Right before the site went down I ended up changing a link that I had added on the Skin Controlled File Contents.  That was working perfectly for days

The link was changed from

http://www.scootercrew.com
http://www.scootercrew.com/khxc/

When I put ( http://www.scootercrew.com/khxc/ )  It seemed like it added hundreds of  \ marks everywhere and got totally confused and choked.  It is adding its own code marks when I change one little line of code.  Even if I erase the \ they will come right back and enter on their own again. 

As soon as I hit the submit button it adds \ all over the place.  Each time I hit the submit button it adds on set of \ marks for every line of code.

Do not get it at all. 

Now I have this below for a website

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/fingerhi/public_html/skins/Default/skin.php on line 2

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home6/fingerhi/public_html/skins/Default/skin.php on line 2

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/fingerhi/public_html/skins/Default/skin.php on line 2

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home6/fingerhi/public_html/skins/Default/skin.php on line 2

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home6/fingerhi/public_html/skins/Default/skin.php on line 27

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home6/fingerhi/public_html/skins/Default/skin.php on line 27

Last edited by Scootercrew (05-01-2012 11:58:29)

#2 05-01-2012 12:59:44

cyberws

Re: Site is DOWN - Help!!!

If you aren't adding them it could be the magic quotes setting has been enabled.  That setting automatically adds the \ mark to ' and " marks.  I would check magic quotes to see if is on and if so turn it off.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#3 05-01-2012 18:37:44

Scootercrew
Website

UUUMMMMM ok,  where does one find the "magic quotes" setting?

#4 05-01-2012 19:12:20

dh783
Website

That generally would be a setting in you php.ini file.

John

#5 05-01-2012 19:16:08

dh783
Website

If you change the php.ini file you will have to restart the webserver so that the  new settings will be read.

John

#6 05-02-2012 02:14:34

Scootercrew
Website

OK,  At this point I don't get it.

I did a Fresh Install and over wrote everything. 
I even deleted the database and created a new one.

Why am I still getting the same error code?
Why is my control panel not reset?

It should be all back to a Fresh Stock Install.

Last edited by Scootercrew (05-02-2012 02:43:20)

#7 05-02-2012 07:51:33

dh783
Website

If the problem is that manic quotes is active in the php.ini file, reinstalling ccp will not correct the problem as the php.ini file has to do with the PHP install and not ccp. Contact your service provider and see if they have recently made any changes.

John

#8 05-02-2012 11:13:53

cyberws

Put the following into a blank file and call it "phpinfo.php" then upload it to your root web docs directory and visit http://yoursite.tld/phpinfo.php and search the print out for "magic quotes" and see if it is on.  If so you need to disable it which depending on your server setup may be possible with the .htaccess file with this code (no quotes and on its own line) "php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off".

Code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Jeremy O

Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#9 05-02-2012 12:29:22

Scootercrew
Website

Talked to the server company and they said that the magic quotes are off.

They got the cart to come back with links only and no graphics.

Baby Steps, sucks

I am about to have them delete my server back to stock and then do a fresh install. 

I just need a working cart with products. 

My original problem is still there.  Any link that is put on the site it puts my domain name in front of it and 404 errors.  I am guessing that is server related.

#10 05-02-2012 13:13:43

cyberws

Send me an email and I will take a look if you want.

Jeremy O

#11 05-03-2012 01:33:27

Scootercrew
Website

I want to thank everyone.  A fresh install of the site is back up. 

I get to start from scratch though.  O what fun. 

You were right it was the magic quotes.

My Genius server company realized over the weekend that they had the magic quotes turned off for everyone by stock default.  So what did they decide to do was change it to on for everyone by stock default. 

Are you kidding me??????   Insert expletives here!!!!!!!

BBBBBut they did not tell anyone and they did not even know what the problem was when I called 18 times. 

It took until today for them to even know what the problem was and then finally fixed it.

I had to erase everything on the server and then do a fresh install for the cart to come back.

#12 05-03-2012 08:20:20

cyberws

I am sorry to hear that but at least it is back up.  That is why I told you to run the script above it would have told you instantly magic quotes were on.

Jeremy O

Board footer