Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-13-2012 14:04:04

mrgoodboy77

Recurring Billing

I searched the forum, but all the answers seem to be at least 4 years old.

I want to sell a magazine subscription through the ClickCart Pro, but I seem to be having trouble understanding the recurring billing aspect. The manual doesn't seem to help much.

How can I set the timeline for the recurring payments? It appears it might be set to monthly right now, but I'd like to switch it to yearly.

#2 04-13-2012 16:04:51

cyberws

Re: Recurring Billing

CCP isn't the most flexible when it comes to setting various payment options like monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, yearly, etc.  I would like to see more flexibility in this area myself, but CCP is built more for one off items.  I am sure part of the reason is CCP doesn't like store CC information and of course recurring bill requires that or at least must work with a payment process to receive CC rebill errors.  I think this would make an excellent XMOD for CCP.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#3 04-13-2012 20:38:37

dh783
Website

The actual recurring billing would be handled by your card processor not ccp, ccp is more of a display or startup for the customer to get the ball rolling with the initial order and customer information.

John

#4 04-13-2012 21:21:14

mrgoodboy77

dh783 wrote:

The actual recurring billing would be handled by your card processor not ccp, ccp is more of a display or startup for the customer to get the ball rolling with the initial order and customer information.

Does CCP issue a invoice for each recurring bill, or is everything recurring handled by the card processor? After the first payment, CCP just basically backs out of the equation?

#5 04-13-2012 21:43:43

dh783
Website

CCP does not issue monthly bills at least not without a mod.

John

#6 04-14-2012 11:50:33

cyberws

If you require rebills and that is ALL you desire I would suggest seeking a different solution from CCP.  CCP was design more with the idea of sell a product and ship it.  You are talking more of a service and I would suggest something like WHMCS for that.

Jeremy O

Production CCP .:. Version 6 w/QuickBuy and many in house hacks
Skills: PHP & Perl programming, Solaris & Linux server administration, Oracle OCP training and MySQL experience

#7 04-14-2012 17:45:44

mrgoodboy77

cyberws wrote:

If you require rebills and that is ALL you desire I would suggest seeking a different solution from CCP.  CCP was design more with the idea of sell a product and ship it.  You are talking more of a service and I would suggest something like WHMCS for that.

The magazine subscriptions were only a small part, and it was something we hoped the cart could provide, but weren't counting on it. We've got uses for everything else, thanks!

Board footer