Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-10-2012 16:20:30

mrgoodboy77

Restrict Raw Database Admin view/Uploading products

It appears that the only way to add multiple products at once to the catalog  is to create a CSV file in the ecom_prod order, then navigate to Raw Database Admin, navigate to ecom_prod, and insert the CSV.

If this is the only way, then is there a way to restrict what tables the Raw Database Admin shows? Right now it displays all the core_ and ecom_ tables, but also shows all the other non-related tables that are in that database.

Thanks!

#2 04-12-2012 07:56:18

salesdesk

Re: Restrict Raw Database Admin view/Uploading products

You are correct.

No.  Raw DB Admin is just that, a Raw Database Admin view.  All tables are presented there.  Just pick the ecom_prod table and work with it on it's own.

#3 04-12-2012 12:59:38

mrgoodboy77

jeffk wrote:

You are correct.

When adding products via the CSV, do the columns need to be in specific order, or does the script determine what column matches what DB field according to the title of the column?

#4 04-12-2012 16:19:39

dh783
Website

The column order doesn't matter and you can't import some of them, it has to contain all of the column names present in your ecom_prod database table.

P.S. as a not the primary key (id field for products in this case) should always be the first column, after the primary key the other columns don't matter what order they are in.

John

#5 04-13-2012 03:13:22

ZipSkins
Website

If you 'export' the database table to a CSV file, it will then be in the correct format for re-import after editing.

Nigel

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

#6 04-13-2012 14:30:27

mrgoodboy77

Perfect, thank you. Since someone who is unfamiliar with everything will be doing the product upload, I've done two things to ensure that data is safe and accurate:

-I've played the shopping cart tables in their own database
-I colored the fields in Excel that she should add values to, and placed them all together in the file. I discovered that they only need all be in the file, it doesn't matter what order in the file.

Thanks!

Board footer