Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-12-2012 13:07:26

tony
Website

Is the newest ccp7.x update ok with 3rd party mods, any known issues?

Is the newest ccp7.x update ok with 3rd party mods, any known issues?

Does anyone know if any issues with 3rd party mods. I have several x mods from stephen at cartmod.

Any one have any tips or suggestions.

Thanks

#2 02-16-2012 14:03:03

JayCR48
Website

Re: Is the newest ccp7.x update ok with 3rd party mods, any known issues?

I'd remain concerned if I were you.  Kryptronic doesn't seem to be especially thrilled about third part modules, so if they are updating something that may adversely affect a third party module, I don't think they'd put a lot of extra effort into finding an alternative way of doing the same thing so that the third party module isn't affected.

We distribute high quality steel auto body panels for use in the rust repair industry.

#3 02-19-2012 07:29:39

tony
Website

Yes I am more concerned each day as it seems I cant get help from the 3rd party too. Well what makes me steamed is the guy I bought the 3rd party mods from will not answer my emails. Cartmod is so good to install the software and charge you but now I guess I am on my own as I must have pissed someone off. I am trying to build a site and I dont have time for this. Kryptronic has been great and has offered to help me many times but I am starting to feel I made a big mistake by adding any 3rd party mods and thanks Stephen for not answering my emails and confirming my fears. I am on my own now I guess and kryptronic cannot help me with 3rd party mods, I know very little about PHP so I may just have to wait til the new version comes out and start completly over.

#4 02-20-2012 00:32:18

vbsaltydog
Website

Tony,

I dont recall receiving any emails from you. Please resend them.
I support all of my software and will be happy to help you get sorted out.

Thank you,

-Stephen

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#5 02-20-2012 15:42:27

JayCR48
Website

Tony, I wouldn't worry about the vendor you're referring to.  That's a good one.  I'm using several of his myself.  I'm mainly concerned about how Kryptronic views third party modules and I'm saying that Kryptronic probably doesn't really care if they create a problem for a third party vendor.  Good vendors support their products, so even if Kryptronic does something with an update to mess up an XMOD that you purchased from a third party vendor, that vendor will likely be able to correct the problem without too much trouble.  Check this forum for the number of posts a vendor has.  I'd venture to say that a good third party vendor is probably pretty active with good advice on this forum.

We distribute high quality steel auto body panels for use in the rust repair industry.

#6 02-24-2012 08:06:40

salesdesk

Hi Tony,

Stephen has always been pretty darned reliable...not only his products, but his offerings to our forum.  Certainly we don't build our product to accommodate third party plug ins...that would be a pretty tough assignment, as we're talking about code that we don't create.  Our first concern with each rendition of the product is to offer folks the best tools we can.  I'm sure Stephen will take care of this for you, but if for some reason, you're still having issues, give me a ring.

Board footer