Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-03-2011 15:07:47

mdowning
Website

Extracting data from mySQL

I need to extract data from the local copy of my mySQL database. It is no longer online anywhere. How can I do this? I've been researching and can't come up with a workable answer. My system runs Windows 7 and I've never had to do anything like this before. Is it possible to create a connection to the local copy my mySQL database and extract or create a fiscal report?

http://tuxedothemes.org/
Wordpress Themes for business, blogs and personal use.

#2 11-04-2011 08:06:14

salesdesk

Re: Extracting data from mySQL

If you're talking about downloading a CSV with any of your various tables from CCP, there is a video which describes this in our Support/training videos section.  It's the video about adding a bunch of titles to CCP.

#3 11-04-2011 13:49:38

mdowning
Website

It's not downloading or extracting a .csv file. It is converting it to MS access or some other format I can read for my state taxes. Being as at this time I do not have access to the info inside the local copy. The DB is not being hosted anywhere. The state wants her tax info reported and I can't send accurate info without seeing what was sold to whom and when.

#4 11-04-2011 17:09:20

dh783
Website

It would generally take a terminal window or something like phpMyAdmin to do what  you want .

John

#5 11-04-2011 18:31:24

mdowning
Website

I've tried to installphpMyAdmin, but it seems to need to connect to the server where the database used to be located. I have it here as a local file. Not sure that rerminal can help there either.

#6 11-07-2011 09:53:48

LadyHLG

I think you have a few options:
1.  Install mysql on your windows 7 machine so that you and import the sql file and actually access the data.
2.  Look into one of the mysql to msaccess converters to see if they can convert the file for you.
3. Get access to a mysql server so that you can import the mysql file and reexport it in a more friendly format  (ie csv). - this to me seems the easiest option especially if you have a website with a mysql database.

Good Luck
LadyHLG

#7 11-07-2011 10:56:03

ZipSkins
Website

If you're setting up a replica database on your own machine, you would probably do better to use WAMP or XAMPP (to find a source, just search in Google for 'wamp' or 'xampp'). There are free versions available, and it includes an Apache webserver and PHPMyAdmin in one single installation. The PHPMyAdmin will then be connected to the correct database.

The alternative is to simply export the data from the relevant CCP tables from the raw database admin, and edit or analyse it in a spreadsheet system on your own PC.

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

Board footer