Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-14-2011 11:04:45

tony
Website

Can I place html code in the splash.php file.

I tried to find this answer but cant find an answer on this. I would like to place some content on our splash page and I see it if I place a <p> test in the right spot. Is this ok to do. Would like to add a heading tag and some content with text formatting tags in this spot on our splash page. Is this the correct way, will it cause problems. The word test is in the location I want it to go if you go to the home page. wwwproductpackagingsupplies.com

Thanks

#2 10-14-2011 11:17:28

JGB

Re: Can I place html code in the splash.php file.

You can edit that page in: Location: System Dashboard > Website > Content > Webpages

This is what ours looks like:

Code:

<?php 

$eol            = $this->globals('core.eol');
$link_contact   = $this->link_namespace('cms','contact',array());
$link_cfform    = $this->link_namespace('cms','dynform',array('ref' => 'feedback'));

?>
<h2>Header here.</h2>

<p>Some copy here.</p>

<?php 

$this->include_namespace('ecom','prodfeature');

?>

Hope that helps.

#3 10-14-2011 11:41:20

tony
Website

JGB wrote:

You can edit that page in: Location: System Dashboard > Website > Content > Webpages

This is what ours looks like:

Code:

<?php 

$eol            = $this->globals('core.eol');
$link_contact   = $this->link_namespace('cms','contact',array());
$link_cfform    = $this->link_namespace('cms','dynform',array('ref' => 'feedback'));

?>
<h2>Header here.</h2>

<p>Some copy here.</p>

<?php 

?>

Hope that helps.

thanks but that was the first thing I did and it does not show up anywhere. I would have thought that would be it. Am I missing something.

<?php

$eol            = $this->globals('core.eol');
$link_contact   = $this->link_namespace('cms','contact',array());
$link_cfform    = $this->link_namespace('cms','dynform',array('ref' => 'feedback'));

?>

<p class="strong">Thank you for visiting our product packaging online store. Since 1998 we have supplied eBay sellers, online shoppers and business owners nationwide with quality shipping supplies, product packaging supplies, food packaging, bubble wrap, void fill, insulated shipping boxes and one of our best sellers our corrugated trash containers. Our plastic bags and shrink wrap prices are some of the lowest. We stock over 900 shipping box sizes with same day shipping.</p>

<p>If you have any comments about our site or would like to provide us feedback, please use our Customer Feedback form to let us know.</p>

<p><a href="<?php print $link_cfform; ?>" title="Customer Feedback">Click here to send us feedback on our site.</a></p>

<p>Did you know we now have email subscriptions available?  You can keep up to date by subscribing to a number of different topics.  Subscriptions are available for all customer account holders and guests.  Subscribe today to stay up to date.</p>

<?php

?>

The only way I can get copy to show is from the splash.php in the display skin I am using.

#4 10-14-2011 12:10:08

JGB

I have two sites set up that way, not sure why it's not working. Did you try clearing your browser cache?

#5 10-14-2011 15:18:25

tony
Website

No it does not seem to be there unless I add it to the splash.php - Will that cause problems elsewhere or is html code in splash.php an ok thing. Im still experimenting but was not sure if I need to put it elsewhere and call it up somehow in the php file?

#6 10-14-2011 16:54:57

dh783
Website

Are you using zipskin?

John

#7 10-15-2011 06:18:24

tony
Website

Yes we are using a zip skin and I emailed zip skin and have no response from them. you can see the page at wwwproductpackagingsupplies.com.

Last edited by tony (10-15-2011 06:41:59)

#8 10-17-2011 02:23:48

ZipSkins
Website

Tony,

I haven't received your message - try sending it again, direct to info@zipskins.com.

However, in general, you need to edit the splash.php file in the skin 'includes' folder.

Nigel

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

Board footer