Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-07-2011 15:23:51

Lin

why it always changed my cstomer's address to Yorkshire?

Hi there,

I have got a very serious problem on my website, where I am using both PayPal (Pro Direct Method) - Secure Server and PayPal (Pro Express Method) - Payment Form for the payment system:  when a customer made a purchase through PayPal (Pro Express Method) - Payment Form, it always Changed customer's address to Yorkshire, but if it was through PayPal (Pro Direct Method) - Secure Server, the customer's address was fine. I don't know why this happened and where is the trick. Can anyone please shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.

#2 08-09-2011 00:03:18

vbsaltydog
Website

Re: why it always changed my cstomer's address to Yorkshire?

Lin wrote:

when a customer made a purchase through PayPal (Pro Express Method) - Payment Form, it always Changed customer's address to Yorkshire

Changed it where?

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#3 08-09-2011 07:02:05

Lin

Changed the County/State/Province to 'Yorkshire'. For example, one inside UK appered as, The Lodge Heawood Hall
Nether Alderley, Macclesfield, Yorkshire SK10 4TN, United Kingdom, which I knew it is in Lancashire rather than Yorkshire; another example outside UK, 32 ULA CRESENT, BAULKHAM HILLS, Yorkshire 2153
Australia.

#4 08-09-2011 09:54:43

ZipSkins
Website

Macclesfield is in Cheshire, actually! I'm not sure whether that is quite as controversial as mixing Lancashire and Yorkshire!

Perhaps if you provided the URL of your website we could see for ourselves exactly what is happening.

Nigel

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

#5 08-09-2011 17:20:27

Lin

Sorry, my mistaken, Macclesfield is in Cheshire, but the system always changed customer's county to 'Yorkshire'. The URL is wwwdragonbrother.co.uk.

#6 08-09-2011 17:37:47

vbsaltydog
Website

My question remains. Where is it changed? on the form? in the completed order details? both?

You need to explain what is happening beyond just saying that the StateProv is changed. Be as specific as you can.

#7 08-10-2011 03:22:04

Lin

It has been changed in the completed order details when customers receive the confirmation emails, which put customers down I think, as it was very annoying  and scared. Also the customers have to contact us for the problems.  For examples, customers sent emails as follows:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My address is not Yorkshire. It is Cheshire! Paypal use my correct address.
I do not know why it appears incorrectly on my order and confirmation
communications from you. Please send the DVD to the correct address which is
Cheshire.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Have just ordered a Tai Chi shirt but you keep putting my address down as Yorkshire instead of N.S.W. Australia.',
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any helps/advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks,

Last edited by Lin (08-10-2011 20:37:28)

#8 08-10-2011 20:36:38

stage

I tried placing an unpaid test order on your system.  I couldn't recreate the problem, but then I re-read your original post stating that it's a Paypal Pro Express problem only.  A bit difficult to look at then, since I don't particularly want to make a Paypal payment :-(

Nathan

#9 08-10-2011 20:40:04

Lin

Hi Nathan thanks,

I could do a refund for you if you made a payment for the test. Any helps/advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks,

#10 08-11-2011 08:12:54

stage

Okay I'll try again tonight if I get a chance.

#11 08-21-2011 05:50:53

vbsaltydog
Website

I looked into what was happening and it has to do with CCP using the cosess array info in some places, CORE_Session properties in other places, and core_session globals in even more places during the checkout.

My Single Page Checkout XMOD has a fix for this bug so the bug will not be present if you have the XMOD installed and it is the chosen checkout method. The XMOD has an option to force all orders to use it.

You can use my XMOD or wait for CCP to release a bug fix.

#12 08-21-2011 07:34:27

magwa

In your experience vbsaltydog how long do you estimate Kryptronic take to make these type of bug fixes, generally speaking?

I can't escape the feeling that several prolific forum expert helpers no longer have their previous enthusiasm for getting involved here on the forum, and as a result things seem to take an age to get sorted "officially".

I'm just curious why so many things go unanswered here.
It's beginning to remind me of how awful I felt Howard at Greenbarn was at dealing with things  ***shudders at the memory***

Last edited by magwa (08-21-2011 07:35:42)

#13 08-21-2011 07:46:36

vbsaltydog
Website

I don't want to make any timeline predictions because some may take them as official since I am a forum moderator.

If your gut tells you that, based on recent trends, it will take a long time to see an official bug fix then your gut is probably right.

I am not a spokesperson for Kryptronic, they may fix it tomorrow.

#14 08-21-2011 13:08:23

magwa

Thanks VB, I understand where you're coming from

#15 08-27-2011 04:06:59

Lin

Hi Thanks, the wrong address information happened when a customer logged into his/her paypal account and selected 'continue'  from Paypal site come  to our site, which is in our site Step 1/ Adress page, where it shows a message as follows ' Thank you. Your information was sucessfully received from PayPal. Review the information below to continue.', but the wrong address information appeared in this page, so I think the wrong information only happened  between both  Paypal site and our site's communication.  Any ideas to solve the problem please? thank you.

Last edited by Lin (09-04-2011 05:13:44)

Board footer