Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-03-2011 16:22:05

Master Design Decals
Website

Can I block an IP address?

Hey everyone!  I have a problem customer that is a little on the "strange" side. I have already had to change my phone number, business cards, ect.  She constantly makes large orders, the credit card denies, we cancel it, she orders again, card denies, the story goes on.  My shop is in my basement, she was calling 24/7, all night long and all day, therefore we changed the phone number.  At first I answered and was verbally abused so I quit answering. Then she cussed out my 7 year old who accidently answered the phone which is why I had enough and changed it. The phone number is no longer on the site and never will be, I'm sure it will cost me in the long run but it's worth it right now.

So, with that being said, is there a way to block her IP address to prevent her from ordering, contacting me, ect?  Also, me being in Missouri and her in New York, is this a situation where I can ask for help from the police?  Along with a website come the loonies, but this is crap.

Thanks!!

Lara

#2 05-03-2011 16:41:44

dh783
Website

Re: Can I block an IP address?

You can block ip's at System Dashboard > System > Component > Settings > Security Settings.

John

#3 05-03-2011 17:39:10

Master Design Decals
Website

dh783 wrote:

You can block ip's at System Dashboard > System > Component > Settings > Security Settings.

John

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

#4 05-03-2011 20:31:35

Dave

It's unlikely that blocking a specific address will do much good for very long. Virtually all consumer type connections are dynamic IPs and are likely to change at any time.

#5 05-04-2011 10:17:01

larry

Not legal advice, but only my 2 cents:

purchase a good air horn.  Then the next time she calls, warn her that you will use it.  If she persists, blow the horn into the phone.  Bet she wont call back - at least for a while until she gets her hearing back.   Warning her is the key to protecting yourself from a lawsuit.

We've had to use the warning (but not the horn) to get some pesky salesmen to stop calling us night and day.  It works.

Laurie Stephens

#6 05-05-2011 03:42:56

ZipSkins
Website

A couple of suggestions:-

Setup a separate business phone line/number, with automatic answering - could be permanent, or just 'out of office' hours. Make sure you can turn the ringing off when the auto-answering is switched on - then it won't disturb you.

Alternatively, use a call-centre/'virtual office' to answer all calls - might cost a little more, but saves that sort of hassle.

Nigel

| Professional Quality Customisable Skins for your ClickCartPro Powered Site

-----------------------------
Certified Support Partner

Board footer