Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-08-2011 00:52:34

Design_Wholesale
Website

Is Forum Support Still Being Offered For CCP 6.0?

I am asking this question because I have now had a good month or so of having practically every question I have asked (perfectly good, reasonable questions) totally ignored.

Yes, I am competent enough to be able to fix most of the problems I have had with things to do with the cart software and yes, I have removed several of the posts after being able to resolve them myself ...but it does not alter the fact that support in this area seems to be largely all but non-existant.  So I am curious to know what is going on here and whether, as I suspect, there is an emphasis being placed on 'encouraging' CCP 6.0 users to upgrade (although, personally, it makes me less likely to want to do so - who wants to pay £65 to upgrade only to find the situation potentially exactly the same after upgrading?)?

#2 03-13-2011 13:54:37

posnpretty
Website

Re: Is Forum Support Still Being Offered For CCP 6.0?

I'm not sure why your questions have gone unanswered, but I posted a question on February 22, 2011 and received plenty of help in less than 24 hours.

#3 03-15-2011 18:49:09

Design_Wholesale
Website

Hmmm, - don't mention it. - Let's just say that I ask allot of awkward questions and have solved certain problems where ongoing requests for help with them, from numerous people on the forum, have gone unanswered and where the changes have often involved cart functionality that Kryptronic does not / did not want to implement.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (03-15-2011 18:49:38)

#4 03-17-2011 10:27:32

jj1987
Website

Design_Wholesale wrote:

I am asking this question because I have now had a good month or so of having practically every question I have asked (perfectly good, reasonable questions) totally ignored.

Yes, I am competent enough to be able to fix most of the problems I have had with things to do with the cart software and yes, I have removed several of the posts after being able to resolve them myself ...but it does not alter the fact that support in this area seems to be largely all but non-existant.  So I am curious to know what is going on here and whether, as I suspect, there is an emphasis being placed on 'encouraging' CCP 6.0 users to upgrade (although, personally, it makes me less likely to want to do so - who wants to pay £65 to upgrade only to find the situation potentially exactly the same after upgrading?)?

Most of your posts are about functionality that's not included in CCP, that Kryptronic wasn't paid to implement, why would they feel obligated to support it?

-James Garrett

#5 03-17-2011 11:43:57

Design_Wholesale
Website

Simple. - More functionality, more interest to potential buyers and to people like myself who are prepared to develop the product and make their additions available to other people.

I can understand that support may not want to go producing full modifications or the like but, in the case of myself for example, most of the time all I need is some help understanding how things are working (or not, as the case may be) and the rest I can do myself.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (03-17-2011 11:46:01)

#6 03-18-2011 08:29:10

jj1987
Website

Design_Wholesale wrote:

Simple. - More functionality, more interest to potential buyers and to people like myself who are prepared to develop the product and make their additions available to other people.

I can understand that support may not want to go producing full modifications or the like but, in the case of myself for example, most of the time all I need is some help understanding how things are working (or not, as the case may be) and the rest I can do myself.

Have you asked Nick if you could pay him fro a training session?

-James Garrett

#7 03-20-2011 09:35:15

CrownRoyal

Time is money, for everybody. For $100 or so, depending on what I need, I find it well worth the investment in my time saved to pay Nick either to tweak code.

Board footer