Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-28-2009 13:40:02

format

changing img file name, location

This refers to the out of the box fields:  imgsm, imglg, imgxl and catimg.

Do I have to keep them in the cart sub folder on my site or can they be located above or outside the immediate cart folder. If so, how do I tell CCP where to find them?

Alternatively, can I change the names of these fields, and if so so how?

Thanks all.

format /

#2 01-28-2009 13:52:35

Dave

Re: changing img file name, location

format wrote:

Do I have to keep them in the cart sub folder on my site or can they be located above or outside the immediate cart folder. If so, how do I tell CCP where to find them?

Not without extensive modifications to core files.

format wrote:

Alternatively, can I change the names of these fields, and if so so how?

Same answer as above.

The column names and file locations are hard coded and based off of the application name, ccp0 in this case.

#3 01-29-2009 13:45:03

format

Thank you.

#4 02-11-2011 10:46:12

jensme

So, to be clear, if I want to use ONLY the imglg column in the database and ONLY the prodlg folder - for thumbnails and otherwise - I can't?

#5 02-12-2011 11:21:01

Design_Wholesale
Website

Yes, you can. - You can use large images, only, by simply only providing a large image for your product listings and no small or extra large image.

I have a feeling that the small image is required, but it is easy enough to enter the name of the large image in the small image box and to then modify the code in the catshow, catlist, prodall, etc. scripts to display a larger image; although you will need to hack a few other sections, too, and the basket items area may prove to be, ahem, a bit of a basket.

Format was wanting something somewhat different, in that they were wanting to relocate the default locations for things, effectively altering the hardcoded structure of the default webstore.  As Dave said, that would require some extensive modification to the core files.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (02-12-2011 11:24:56)

#6 02-12-2011 12:40:49

Dave

Using a larger image for the other image sizes can be a waste of bandwidth and forces the browser to make decisions on what to do with the image which may result in a less than viewable image for your customers.

Board footer