Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-19-2011 12:33:21

JGB

Developer key no longer works on my MAMP setup.

I sent this issue off to support@kryptronic.com, but thought I'd post it here as well in case I can get a quicker answer.

I'm doing some updating on a site I set up quite a while back, at the time I was working for Cotton Expressions (this is for their site). I had a setup there working on MAMP and a development key so I could do testing on the site. I no longer work at the company, but still do work remotely for the company and am doing updates and changes now. I have the same setup on my computer and the original site I was working on in the htdocs folder, but it's no longer working. When I try to open it or re-run the installer I get a script error: "Script Execution Error Function split() is deprecated - File: /core/KHXC/KHXC.php Line: 1886 Error Number: 8192"  I don't know what that means, do I need a new development key? Not sure how to get this working again.

I thought that I should download the site in it's current state and just swap out the config.php file in the khxc-private directory for the one with the DEV key in there. That's what I'm doing now. Do the DEV keys expire after a certain amount of time?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
John

#2 01-19-2011 12:37:19

Design_Wholesale
Website

Re: Developer key no longer works on my MAMP setup.

What's the version of the PHP you are using? - If it is 5.3. then CCP 6.0 won't run on it because of dependencies on functions that were deprecated in the 5.3. codebase.

Unless I am mistaken you should still be able to make it run, though, by modifying the error level of the software or by making changes to your  file so it only stops on fatal errors or the like.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (01-19-2011 12:39:36)

#3 01-19-2011 12:40:58

JGB

We are using this version:
Software Version:  6.6.0
Package Date:   June 5, 2006

#4 01-19-2011 12:50:46

Design_Wholesale
Website

The website lists the latest version as 1.94, but on this page...

http://www.mamp.info/en/documentation/releases.html

...it does say... PHP 5.2.13 & 5.3.2

PHP 5.2.13 won't cause you any problems with CCP 6.0; however, 5.3.2 certainly will.

If you have a choice of which PHP module to install you need to make sure it is 5.2.13; otherwise you will need to configure and build PHP seperately or create your own MAMP build.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (01-19-2011 12:52:44)

#5 01-19-2011 12:52:42

JGB

Design_Wholesale wrote:

Unless I am mistaken you should still be able to make it run, though, by modifying the error level of the software or by making changes to your  file so it only stops on fatal errors or the like.

I downloaded the site and switched out the config files and got the same result. How do I modify the error level?

#6 01-19-2011 12:58:38

Design_Wholesale
Website

Change the following block in your  file to E_ERROR or E_WARNING at the bottom where it says E_ALL...

Code:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Error handling and logging ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; error_reporting is a bit-field.  Or each number up to get desired error
; reporting level
; E_ALL             - All errors and warnings (doesn't include E_STRICT)
; E_ERROR           - fatal run-time errors
; E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR  - almost fatal run-time errors
; E_WARNING         - run-time warnings (non-fatal errors)
; E_PARSE           - compile-time parse errors
; E_NOTICE          - run-time notices (these are warnings which often result
;                     from a bug in your code, but it's possible that it was
;                     intentional (e.g., using an uninitialized variable and
;                     relying on the fact it's automatically initialized to an
;                     empty string)
; E_STRICT          - run-time notices, enable to have PHP suggest changes
;                     to your code which will ensure the best interoperability
;                     and forward compatibility of your code
; E_CORE_ERROR      - fatal errors that occur during PHP's initial startup
; E_CORE_WARNING    - warnings (non-fatal errors) that occur during PHP's
;                     initial startup
; E_COMPILE_ERROR   - fatal compile-time errors
; E_COMPILE_WARNING - compile-time warnings (non-fatal errors)
; E_USER_ERROR      - user-generated error message
; E_USER_WARNING    - user-generated warning message
; E_USER_NOTICE     - user-generated notice message
;
; Examples:
;
;   - Show all errors, except for notices and coding standards warnings
;
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
;
;   - Show all errors, except for notices
;
;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE | E_STRICT
;
;   - Show only errors
;
;error_reporting = E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR
;
;   - Show all errors, except coding standards warnings
;
error_reporting = E_ALL

I am not sure whether deprecated functions are classed as fatal or not, but they shouldn't be, so give that a go and see what happens.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (01-19-2011 13:00:52)

#7 01-19-2011 13:31:44

JGB

Thanks, John. I tried both of those earlier, but still getting the same error message. Is there another method?

#8 01-19-2011 14:10:28

JGB

I decided to try going back to my older version of MAMP that I archived. That worked. Everything is working again. Must be using a newer version of PHP.

#9 01-19-2011 14:27:03

Design_Wholesale
Website

Almost certainly, with that split() problem you mentionned. - PHP 5.2 is now at 5.2.17, too, so it is still going strong and being actively supported in the 5.2. branch ...and there should be no reason why that won't work with CCP 6.0, either, if you wanted to upgrade your archived PHP version.  I'm glad you now have things working, too.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (01-19-2011 14:28:39)

#10 01-20-2011 12:13:15

JGB

I have the front end of the cart working, sort of, the CSS is a little screwy. For some reason it's not picking up some of the menu images (I've checked the paths, they seem fine)...

The real issue is that I can't log into the admin. It is no longer recognizing my email and password. I can see on the config files that my email is in there, I can see my DEV key. Any ideas as to why it might not be recognizing the login info? Can this info be reset somehow?

#11 01-20-2011 14:17:17

Design_Wholesale
Website

Patching together old installs is not a good idea. - I know because I recently had to do that, myself, following a transfer to a new host.

Firstly I would check your file permissions. - Clickcart has this horrible habit of requiring that everything is 777 for file permissions.  On my box I make it run as part of my HTTP server group, so it will function with 775 file permissions.

Also, if the above does not fix your problem, check your database. - Corrupted tables in MySQL will often give the appearance of working perfectly okay until you try to access them or try to modify them.

As for resetting your credentials, if you can access the KHXC_users table you should be able to modify that (the passwords, I believe, are in MD5 format - so you will need to hash a password first before using it as a replacement).

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (01-20-2011 14:17:40)

#12 01-20-2011 14:35:54

Dave

He's using a Mac so permissions are not likely part of it smile CCP does not, and never has, required things have permissions of 777. It has always said the web server process needs write access. It may be 777, 775, or 755 depending on how the box is configured.

#13 01-20-2011 14:51:24

Design_Wholesale
Website

Fair enough, - I guess that I should have known that a Mac would have to be the exception to the rule with file permissions smile and, as I said, it is possible to make the software use different permissions - but it is necessary, usually, to add it to a user group in order to avoid having to use 777 file permissions.

#14 01-20-2011 19:58:47

JGB

Design_Wholesale wrote:

Patching together old installs is not a good idea. - I know because I recently had to do that, myself, following a transfer to a new host.

Firstly I would check your file permissions. - Clickcart has this horrible habit of requiring that everything is 777 for file permissions.  On my box I make it run as part of my HTTP server group, so it will function with 775 file permissions.

Also, if the above does not fix your problem, check your database. - Corrupted tables in MySQL will often give the appearance of working perfectly okay until you try to access them or try to modify them.

As for resetting your credentials, if you can access the KHXC_users table you should be able to modify that (the passwords, I believe, are in MD5 format - so you will need to hash a password first before using it as a replacement).

I'm finding that out about patching together from old installs. Doesn't work well. I was going to replace the database with the one that is online, but I think that will mean I will lose work that I've done modifying the cart. I tried replacing the MD5 hash in the config files to see if that would do it, but that doesn't seem to have any impact, not sure what those are for (I changed them back to the original).

I checked the khxc_users and found that there is nothing in there except an account I created in the shopping cart, no info for admin login at all. It should be in there? That would be the problem if it's not in there, but how would you fix that. I'll take a look at the credentials online and see what that says.

Dave wrote:

He's using a Mac so permissions are not likely part of it  CCP does not, and never has, required things have permissions of 777. It has always said the web server process needs write access. It may be 777, 775, or 755 depending on how the box is configured.

That seems to be true of Mac's, they use a different way of setting permissions, basically read/write/no access.

#15 01-20-2011 20:12:30

JGB

I managed to get logged in by copying the credentials from the online version khxc_user where I'm listed as a superuser and pasting them into the same file fields in the local version. Then I did a little happy dance smile

Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated.

#16 01-21-2011 12:57:00

Design_Wholesale
Website

No problem.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (01-21-2011 12:57:38)

Board footer