Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

• Index
  •  » ClickCartPro 6
  •  » Send User Straight To Guest Checkout Page. - What's Best To Edit?

#1 01-09-2011 18:01:35

Design_Wholesale
Website

Send User Straight To Guest Checkout Page. - What's Best To Edit?

I am about to implement a change in the webstore to direct customers directly to the guest checkout form when going to the checkout, unless already logged in. - Where/what should I be editing in order to make this change and are there any problems/issues I should be aware of before I do?

There will still be a link, displayed elsewhere on the page, for customers to sign into an existing account, or for them to create an account if they want to, but, other than that, the idea is to send people straight to the form for guest checkouts.

Last edited by Design_Wholesale (01-09-2011 18:01:59)

#2 01-09-2011 20:13:48

dh783
Website

Re: Send User Straight To Guest Checkout Page. - What's Best To Edit?

In the checkout script (ccp0_Checkout, gbu0_Chreckout) there is a function that checks for logged in users and directs the out put to the login page, you just need to make the redirect to the guest information page.

John

#3 01-09-2011 20:20:31

Design_Wholesale
Website

Re: Send User Straight To Guest Checkout Page. - What's Best To Edit?

Thanks, - there is also another way (not sure if it is 100% okay to use, but it seems to work) and that is to modify ...

Code:

// +--
     // | Print the form closure.
     // +--

if ($type == 'CART') {

$link_shop     = $this->link_namespace($app,'splash',array());
          $link_checkout = $this->link_namespace($app,'checkout',array());
          $link_guestco  = $this->link_namespace($app,'guestco',array('coactive' => '1'));

The above adds a  ...and the following (amended button information) makes it happen:

Code:

print '<td><form action="' . $link_guestco . '" id="CHECKOUT" method="post">';
          print '<p class="khxc_quickform"><input class="khxc_quickbutton_checkout" type="submit" name="CHECKOUT" ';
          print 'id="CHECKOUT--SUBMIT" value="Checkout" /></p></form></td>' . $eol;

Your method is probably better because you understand the software better than I do and, also, my method depends on there being something else somewhere to enable people to create accounts or to access existing accounts.

• Index
  •  » ClickCartPro 6
  •  » Send User Straight To Guest Checkout Page. - What's Best To Edit?

Board footer