Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-20-2001 04:50:21

Placing Order

When a product is added to the cart, people seem to miss the fact that it has been added (i.e. they miss the red text) because the product page opens up again.  Two questions:

1.  How do I return to the Product Category page once a product has been added?

2.  I have tried adding a link called 'Place Order' in the following code, but the path doesn't get translated, it just keeps SCRIPT_COMMON_URL text.  Any ideas?

$fd_cart_upd_msg = "Thank you. A quantity of $form_data_product_quantity of item $form_data_product_number - $form_data_product_name has been added to your shopping cart. <a href=%%SCRIPT_COMMON_URL%%&pg=store&sub_pg=order> Place Order</a> $fd_cart_upd_msg_check";

#2 08-21-2001 10:24:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Placing Order

When referencing a macro in the code, use the variable name, not the macro.  For your link, use:

$fd_cart_upd_msg = "Thank you. A quantity of $form_data_product_quantity of item $form_data_product_number - $form_data_product_name has been added to your shopping cart. <a href=$full_url_path/$cgi_script_name&pg=store&sub_pg=order> Place Order</a> $fd_cart_upd_msg_check";

Nick Hendler

#3 08-21-2001 10:30:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

To link into the category page after the cart addition, edit:

./cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store_cart_contents_add_update.pl

Adjust the top lines so they read:

### BEGIN CUT

sub site_store_cart_add_to_cart {

$fd_pg = "store";
$fd_sub_pg = "main_cat";

### END CUT

The drop down to the line:

### BEGIN CUT

$form_data_product_category_info = "$product_category_info";

### END CUT

And change to:

### BEGIN CUT

$form_data_product_category_info = "$product_category_info";
($main_cat_ref_no,$sub_cat_ref_no) = split(/:hmm,$form_data_product_category_info);
$fd_ref = "$main_cat_ref_no";

### END CUT

Nick Hendler

#4 08-22-2001 04:22:11

Tried this but came back with 'page not found'!  Then placed a '?' in the link as below and it did bring me to the order page but it told me that the cart was empty - when it wasn't. 

The link doesn't seem to be bringing the 'usr' and 'rnd' numbers with it.  Any ideas?

<a href=$full_url_path/$cgi_script_name?&pg=store&sub_pg=order> Place Order</a> $fd_cart_upd_msg_check

#5 08-22-2001 06:12:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Ok, try this one:

<a href=$common_url&pg=store&sub_pg=order> Place Order</a> $fd_cart_upd_msg_check

Sorry - wasn't fully thinking before.

Nick Hendler

Board footer