Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-15-2001 13:39:10

wrstephen

PayPal Problem: HELP!!!

When I entered a username for the paypal option, I was sent to the paypal web site. Very nice, BUT it seemed I had the owner paying for it. It was setup for the owner of the shopping cart paying for his own products.

Then I removed the username, and then clicked submit. Now I'm not able to change the username (it dosn't have a text field). I went to the data file on the server and changed it, but it still dosn't work!!!

I need this running now! PLEASE HELP!!

My ofs_paypal_pp file looks like this:
1|Tracking Number|tr|item_number|
2|Amount|trttl|amount|
3|Item Name|tritnm|item_name|Online Order
4|Return URL|trurl|return|
5|Notify URL|trurl|notify_url|
6|Custom Field|usr|custom|
7|Response Code|trrc|payment_status
8|Account Name|trpunm|business|<MY CORRECT USERNAME IS HERE>
9|Command|trcmd|cmd|_xclick
10|Undefined Quantity|trudq|undefined_quantity|0

My error is:
You must enter the recipient's email address

Stephen Stewart
stephen@webranker.com

#2 08-16-2001 08:56:40

wrstephen

Re: PayPal Problem: HELP!!!

My problem with the owner of buying his own products is correct. I had a cookie with PayPal thinking I was the owner. That works.

BUT,

I still CANT FIGURE OUT why I cant change the username in the admin page.

#3 08-21-2001 10:13:17

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Make sure all of your permissions are set correctly in the data directory (0777) and that you are clicking the submit button directly under the form field settings you're changing.

Nick Hendler

#4 08-21-2001 10:54:12

wrstephen

All of my permissions are (777).

My problem is I don't have a text field where I can add my email address for PayPal. I did click the correct submit button, but it won't allow me to update the email since I cant add an email. I did manualy edit in the data file, but it still wont work in live.

#5 08-22-2001 06:08:17

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You need to enter your paypal username (usually your email address) in the box that's initially completed with "your_username".

Nick Hendler

#6 08-23-2001 14:12:37

wrstephen

That would be great if I had a place to put my email address in. I told you two times that I don't have a text field there. I just have a "n/a". So, since you couldn't answer my question, I had to dig further myself. Your program has logic saying don't show a text field when the field was empty. The data file for the online process did have a field... so I changed your code to show the text field no matter what. Then it came up showing the text field. Then I was able to edit the username. Before I didn't have a place to type in the username. After looking through the data files, I found the true db for the online process. And it was correct. Now it works in live.

NOTE TO ANYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM:
Change the if...then statement located in

cgi-binlibrarymodulesadmin_online_process_settings.pl

to make all text fields visible. Then when fixed, change back.

-- OR --

Change the DB file
data/online_process/order_form_fields.db

#7 08-25-2001 08:49:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This is only necessary to do if you edit the datafile directly to begin with.  With the default install (one where the paypal db hasn't been updated, this isn't necessary...

Nick Hendler

Board footer