Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-27-2010 16:54:31

anbar

VAT (tax) In UK version..what does what?

I'm trying to work out which parts of the (gbu) cart control VAT (tax) as there appear to be some odd things happening.

IN : Home > ClickCartPro (GBU) > Settings: Application Settings Menu > EU Tax Settings

I have "inc VAT" and "Prices include EU tax" both on.

EU Tax on shiping charge is set to "no" - but appears to do nothing so VAT is still being charged on shipping (I know it should be anyway - but...)
EU TAX shipping rate is set to ZERO - but appears to do nothing so VAT is still being charged on shipping (I know it should be anyway - but...)

Now if I go to Home > ClickCartPro (GBU) > Locations: States, Provinces and Countries > Manage Countries  all of the countries there  have "Charge TAX" set to "NO".

which seems - erm - odd; it's certainly VERY confusing.

-------------------------------------------

It seems that if you select the "EU Tax: Manage EU Tax" to include VAT then it gets data from somewhere else which controls which countries get VAT charged on them on checkout... for example USA gets the VAT "rebate" as it should...but where is it getting that country information from?

#2 03-27-2010 19:15:55

dh783
Website

Re: VAT (tax) In UK version..what does what?

If this is at the shopping cart page, are you clearing the test cart items or increasing the number of at least one item? Once items are placed into a cart there information is placed into the array/database and will not change unless you delete it and re-enter it. Once an order or the first order page is called, shipping information is created and placed into the array/database, so unless something changes in the cart the first information is used, if you increase or decrease one item then new shipping information will be created.

John

#3 03-28-2010 06:30:46

anbar

dh783 wrote:

If this is at the shopping cart page, are you clearing the test cart items or increasing the number of at least one item? Once items are placed into a cart there information is placed into the array/database and will not change unless you delete it and re-enter it. Once an order or the first order page is called, shipping information is created and placed into the array/database, so unless something changes in the cart the first information is used, if you increase or decrease one item then new shipping information will be created.

John

yeah been doing that.

#4 12-01-2010 03:23:36

Panmanjon
Website

Not sure if this will help

there is a shipping tax rate here which should be set to 0 here

Paul

Board footer