Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-27-2001 10:07:53

Removing manual link and survey

I am using Clickcart Pro 4 and I am unable to remove the Manual link on the side menu as well as some of the other menus. I read in a post done previously that you could edit the HTML Elements but when I log into the administrative features and use the edit HTML Elements for any of the items: (Header, Footer etc) all I am able to get is a blank page. There is no HTML coding there to edit. When I do add HTML to the page and check the website no changes are made. Is there something I need to edit beforehand in the CGI before I am able to edit or even view the HTML Elements? I am also looking to add my own links but again run into the same problems with adding or removing from the HTML Elements.

Michael

#2 07-30-2001 10:52:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Removing manual link and survey

It sounds like you have a data file problem.  First: check to be sure you have files in:

/cp/data/html/elements

then check to be sure the file permissions are set to 0777.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-14-2001 11:12:04

Deltawaves

I am having this same problem and the permissions are correct.

what is the next step?

thx

#4 08-14-2001 12:13:33

I just checked mine and I have the same problem.  There is nothing there to modify.

My data files are one directory above my public directory.  The admin program is writing to other files there. 

Just checked the permissions and they are all set to 777.

I also FTP into the site and looked at the files and the info is there.

John

#5 08-15-2001 09:58:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If the permissions are truly correct (777) even as far back as /data/html/elements the only alternative will be to move the data dir to a web accessable directory - apache must be having trouble writing to the files.  Strange it can write to some, though...

Nick Hendler

Board footer