Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-13-2001 09:55:43

Different shipping for different countries

We only want one method of shipping on our cart, USPS. But we will have many orders not only from US customers but from Canada, Australia, europe and central america. How can we have an international price tacked on depending on their shipping country? Preferably this would be behind the scenes, and not be limited to the user having to choose between only three options.

It would be possible to make a simple 'custom perl shipping' thing that uses the user's shipping country, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 07-20-2001 07:09:29

Re: Different shipping for different countries

Has anyone been able to help you with your question?  I am interested in knowing because I am lookin at the shopping cart program. 

#3 07-20-2001 11:07:41

No. So far I've just set up separate shipping options for the user to choose, all with different out-of-country surcharges, which seems to work ok, but isn't as seamless as it could be.
ALthough I really would also like the shipping price to also depend on the number of items total in the cart, as well... not sure how to do this..

#4 07-23-2001 10:33:31

Will
Website

What I do is use the UPS auto calc.  It calculates US,and international rates, and is based on weight.  This way I charge actual shipping charges.   

Will

#5 07-24-2001 14:57:32

that would be preferred.. but we only ship via USPS, not UPS. And I'm sure the UPS prices are different than USPS, no?

#6 07-25-2001 09:04:20

Will
Website

Yes they are very much different. 

You may want to take the time to write a custom shipping script that can pull up different rates for different countries.  It would be a complciated script but it might be doable to have it calculate everything.  If you did some research you might be able to find or calculate a formula for each country for each class of service. 

Will

#7 07-27-2001 23:32:20

This definitely is what I want to do. And I want to involve quantity as well as ship-to-country... but I'm not sure what variables to use in the custom script. The default custom script seems to only have shipping name, price subtotal, total quantity, and total weight.

oh, it already seems to have total quanity. I may be able to use that, definitely. But what about ship-to-country? I will be able to manipulate it from within the custom script myself, but I don't know what variable(s)..

if anyone knows please help, thanks

#8 07-30-2001 10:54:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Look at the script: /cp/cgi-bin/library/modules/site_store_ship_dis.pl

This script contains all of the code for the UPS shipping and will help you determine the user variables you need to pull.  The default shipping code is also in there.  All of the same variables are passed to the custom script.

Nick Hendler

Board footer