Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-28-2001 02:57:01

henryca

Can't view images

http://64.176.4.196/cgi-bin/cp/cp-app.c … _pg=splash

===================================================

My paths are correct.  I uploaded in binary form.  I have them located in my /cp/images directory

These are my paths per say:

/cgi-bin/cp  (* 755)
/cp/images (* 777)
/cp/data (* 777)
/cp/admin (* 777)

My absolute paths:
$server_script_path = "/home/henryca/westindians-www/cgi-bin/cp";
$server_data_path = "/home/henryca/westindians-www/cp/data";
$server_images_path = "/home/henryca/westindians-www/cp/images

My URL Paths:
$url_script_path = "http://64.176.4.196/cgi-bin/cp";
$url_images_path = "http://64.176.4.196/cp/images";

My images don't show and when I entered info in the admin script it didn't seem to save it.  I go back to the admin script and it has me putting the info in again.

Please help

Cheryl

#2 06-28-2001 03:02:30

Re: Can't view images

Dont get me wrong, but I think the Image paths need to be the image poaths of the Old Version of CCP.

The Server URLS will be the new CP directory and the Images will be the old images directory.

Lee

#3 06-28-2001 03:15:28

henryca

I don't know anything about the previous version of this app. So I cannot relate to your message. 

I bought the full version and followed the installation instructions to the best of my ability.

The way my server is setup I cannot have images in my cgi-bin.  So I put them in my root in a folder called cp.  I instructed the script as to the path to the images directory. 

I don't know how to tackle this...

Cheryl

#4 06-28-2001 09:05:06

Will
Website

Well as for your paths, that should work.  Most people would have the cgi-bin folder for CCP inside the /cp folder. so it would be /cp/cgi-bin instead of cgi-bin/cp 

As for not saving changes inside the admin area, that sounds like a permisions setting in the data structure. Possibly for the images as well.  It sounds like you have some permisions set to 0777, but not everything. 

You need to make sure that all folders inside the /cp/data directory are set to 0777 and that all .db files are also set to 0777. 

As for your images, I'm not postive about it, I'm not using images, so I don't even know IF mine would work, but mine are not set to 0777.  I suspect they wouldn't work and I would need to make sure that all of my folders/files inside their are set correctlyt o 0777. 

If I were you, I'd just start changing all of the permisions in those directories to 0777.

Will

#5 06-28-2001 23:46:11

henryca

Well I've set the permissions to 777 on the images... it still doesn't work.  I really wish that I can get some support here... I am getting scared that I bought a product that I can't use.  If I don't get a response soon as to how to resolve this I'm calling my credit card company...

Cheryl

#6 06-29-2001 07:55:49

Will
Website

did you set permisions inside your data folder on ALL .db files to 0777?  The fact that you can not set anything in your admin area and have it save it, tells me that you missed a file somewhere or maybe a sub folder.   I'd check all of the files in /cp/data/site specificaly the catalog*.db files, but just ALL .db files inside the data directory.  Make sure all sub folders are also set to 0777. 

As to support, You get the best support if your purchase support from them.  You will get support here if you are patient.

Will

Will

#7 06-29-2001 09:02:18

henryca

Will the problem I'm actually having is with the images... I can't view the images.  I've already resolved the problem with permissions... that's minor

I cannot view any images...  That's the problem....

#8 07-01-2001 15:33:50

Rob

Try moving your images and data directories up one level to where you have the "cp" directory now.  Then change your paths in the appropriate places of the three files in the cgi-bin.

Board footer