Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-25-2001 14:36:26

Will
Website

Online Processing

OK, I seem to be having a problem with online processing that I hope someone knows the answer to.  When a user leaves my site and goes to the transaction gateway at authorize.net that works fine.  they enter their info and submit it.  If the transaction is denied, everything works perfect, it comes back to my site and tells the user that it had been denied.  No reason given.  It'd be nice to know why (as the webmaster troubleshooting). Anyhow, if everything goes CORRECT instead of coming back to my site, the user gets an error message saying ....

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@stnecorp.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

So the question is, why does it work when it fails, but fail when the charge goes through?  What am I doing wrong?  On Authroize.net I've tried different URL configs for referals and all sorts of stuff.  I just can't make it work. 

Any Ideas out there?

Will

#2 06-25-2001 16:54:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Online Processing

Take a look at the server log.  Apache will probably shed some light on what's going on.  This is most likely a simple fix like a bad return URL.  BTW- Thanks for answering all of those posts so intelligently.

Nick Hendler

#3 06-28-2001 10:26:09

Will
Website

I'm trying to find out from my ISP how to see the log files.

You say probably a bad URL, What should the return URL be???

Will

#4 06-28-2001 15:25:16

Authorize.net has in the admin section a place for you to specify the receipt URL for valid transactions. You need to put in the url for your site to the cp-app.cgi as that return receipt url. This will fix your problem.

#5 06-28-2001 20:08:07

Will
Website

I put http://www.stnecorp.com/cp/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi as the Receipt Link Default URL.  It is also set as a Valid ADC or Receipt Link URL, and Valid Browser Referrer URL.  Not sure what else I should be doing. It still doesn't work.

Will

#6 07-02-2001 06:59:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Are you sure that mail is working correctly on your site?  Try sending a contact message and see if anything blows up.  It's possible that you need to change the mail server path in Program Settings and this is the cause of your problem.

Nick Hendler

#7 07-02-2001 09:47:16

Will
Website

This was the primary problem.  It seems I had changed it from localhost to the direct server path for sendmail.  As soon as I changed it back to localhost, it works.  I then just had some other minor refering URL stuff to work out.

It works! smile

Will

Board footer