Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-02-2010 05:20:20

ashley

Forbidden - You do not have permission to access this document

Hello,

Whenever I try to update/clone a page/skin it displays the following message when I submit the page:

Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

Just a white page with that on.  I have kryptronic installed on quite a few domains (all on the same server, so it's not a server setting) and they all work fine, with the exception of this one site.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

#2 09-02-2010 09:47:15

dh783
Website

Re: Forbidden - You do not have permission to access this document

It would be a permissions issue for the directories for that site, ccp will not produce a message like that so you need to check your file permissions.

John

#3 09-02-2010 10:01:59

ashley

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  Which directory/files in particular will need correcting?

We've never had a problem before and the setup has always been the same, very weird!

Thanks!

#4 09-02-2010 10:07:48

KryptoJim

ashley wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  Which directory/files in particular will need correcting?

We've never had a problem before and the setup has always been the same, very weird!

Thanks!

Set all files to 644 and folders to 755.  suPHP on cpanel servers is picky about this.

#5 09-02-2010 10:19:20

ashley

kryptsupport wrote:

ashley wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

Set all files to 644 and folders to 755.  suPHP on cpanel servers is picky about this.

Hello,

The entire /skins directory(Inc. sub folders and files) is set to 777 already, so that should allow writing to the file.  I assume that would be the only directory that would need permission as the files I am trying to update are in the /skins directory.

Any other ideas?

#6 09-03-2010 08:19:43

KryptoJim

ashley wrote:

kryptsupport wrote:

ashley wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

Hello,

The entire /skins directory(Inc. sub folders and files) is set to 777 already, so that should allow writing to the file.  I assume that would be the only directory that would need permission as the files I am trying to update are in the /skins directory.

Any other ideas?

Sometimes suPHP will complain about 777 and actually want 755 with an error like yours.  Do you know if you're running that?

#7 09-03-2010 08:35:10

ashley

kryptsupport wrote:

ashley wrote:

kryptsupport wrote:

Hello,

Any other ideas?

Sometimes suPHP will complain about 777 and actually want 755 with an error like yours.  Do you know if you're running that?

That didn't seem to do any good, still displaying the forbidden error message whenever I try to update a skin etc.

Any other possible fixes?

#8 09-03-2010 08:38:31

dh783
Website

Check to owner of the file, is it the same as the others?

John

Board footer