Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-21-2001 21:04:56

Back and fourth and back and fourth...

Hi,

I just purchased Click cart pro, and everything installed great. except for when I go to http://catalog.valcoreq.com/admin - It makes me fill out a registration form, so I do that, (and enter the order tracking number that was sent to me), and then It says "Registration successful, etc. etc." Then it lets me put in my username and password. So I enter "webmaster/webmaster" Then I click login, and it takes me BACK to the registration form thing. Why is it doing this, and how do you fix it?

Thanks.

#2 06-22-2001 09:09:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Back and fourth and back and fourth...

For Linux/Unix:

You haven't set the permissions to 0777 on your 'data' directory and all of the files in it.

For Windows:

The 'data' directory needs 'full access' privies.  Have your sysadmin set the dir to that access level and you'll be good.

Nick Hendler

#3 06-22-2001 09:26:56

I actually did do that. In CUTEFTP, you can set the chmod, and i set it to 0777. It still does the same thing. IT was already set to 777. I am running Red Hat Linux 6.2 on apache. If that helps.
So you know what else could be going wrong?

Thanks

#4 06-22-2001 21:09:03

Will
Website

:'(

OK, I am having the same problem.  I've done the "upgrade"

I go to http://www.stnecorp.com/cp/admin

I am prompted to register. 

I do so

I am prompted for admin name/password. On this screen it does say I succesfully registered. I enter information.  click submit

I go back to "register" page.   endless loop.

I used the tar.gz version. Everything worked great.  I've even tried to make sure that the data directory is 0777 and it is. 

What gives.

Will

#5 06-23-2001 08:21:55

Will
Website

OK, this morning I worked a little more on it.  I went in to cp/data/site and did a chmod there to chmod 0777 *.* and that allowed me to get past the registration. 

Does EVERY file behind the data directory have to be 0777?  If so why was it not set that way in the tar.gz file?  Is there a way to mass set all of the files and directorys below /cp/data to that setting? 

I have now also re ran the upgrade utility, and my data moved over now that I did the chmod to the files in 'site'.  My question is if I didn't do a chmod to ALL of everything inside the /cp/data directory (I did all directories in the /cp/data directory) will there be things that didn't move?  I want to make sure I have this correct.

Will

Will

#6 06-23-2001 09:06:33

Will
Website

OK, I've ended up doing a chmod to every .db I could find inside the /cp/data directory by just going in to every directory and doing the chmod 0777 *.db 

Anyhow, Everything appears to work EXCEPT when ever I click to add an item to the cart, it says it added it in Red but the shopping cart is empty.   What have I missed???? 

Will

#7 06-23-2001 09:15:35

Will
Website

smile
OK, I found that there were 2 directories that I needed to chmod to 0777 inside the /cp/data/user directory. 

I still ask, does anyone know of a command I could give from within the /cp/data directory that would chmod EVERYTHING and all sub directories to 0777 ? 

Will

#8 06-24-2001 21:59:55

thanks for your info, and to change all the permisions use chmod -r

Board footer