Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-10-2001 17:39:07

Editing Online Survey

Can the site survey be edited through the admin interface?

Please forgive if I have missed an obvious menu option, but I
can't seem to find it and had to edit submit_field.db to facilitate necessary changes. In addition, where are the last two strings of said db used...8 for shirts and 9 for pens?

Thanks in advance.

#2 06-12-2001 11:12:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Editing Online Survey

Oh My.  Put those files bask the way they were and read closely:

Open up the administrator.  Examine the 'Dynamic Forms' menu option.  This is where the forms are generated and changed as well as deleted.

You specified you wanted to edit the entry for a form field on the 'Online Survey' form so select the 'Edit Or Delete Form Field' function and select any form field listed that begins with 'OS-'.  This was our naming convention for the reference names of online survey questions.  The following abbreviation stands for the form step the field belongs to and the following name is a reference name for the field.  Therefore, to edit the form field that reads:

'Are there any items that you expected to see in our online store that you couldn't find?'

I'd select the field named 'OS - PO - Missing Products'.  This is obvious because the form name is 'Online Survey' hence the 'OS', the form step name is 'Product Offerings' hence the 'PO', and for the form field name, that's apparent.

Anyway, find your field and edit it however you like.  Later experiment with building your own forms.  You do this by adding a new form, adding at least one step to the form then adding at least one form field to the step.  It's easy once you get the hang of it.

Nick Hendler

Board footer