Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-25-2001 13:38:15

eloy

getting rid of that darn 'online store' header image

I'm not really this needy I swear, I have been struggling with this for three days and can't seem to figure it out. I've gotten rid of the header images for the most part just because they don't work well with the site setup but I can't figure out where the string is that I need to delete to get rid of this darn "online store" image that appears at the top of the pages. It's driving me crazy. If anyone knows where in the programs is the specific script that I need to delete so the "online store" image header no longer appears at all on any of the pages please drop me a line and point me in the right direction. I really appreciate this forum, the response is incredible. Bravo to everyone!

My correct email address is ehugill@hotmail.com. It is incorrect should you click to email me from this forum.

#2 04-29-2001 19:27:29

Re: getting rid of that darn 'online store' header image

this may be a cheat workaround:
1.create or rename a spacer gif (1X1 pixel transparent gif) the same name as the header image
2.up it to the same location on your server as the header image to overwrite it.
3.Check the view source to make sure the header img src tag does not have "height=" and "width=" values...if it <b>does not</b> it will disapear, otherwise the image will disapear but the space it took up will remain.

not exactly a removal of the image just a workaround
hope that helps

dayton
dayton@ois.com.au

#3 05-14-2001 18:42:08

eloy

Thanks for the try unfortunately that only makes the image invisible but it still takes up all that room up at the top of the page. I need to get rid of it and pull the rest of it up, this is too much at this point and to be honest I love CCP but it's becoming a hassel so please, if anyone out there knows how to do this, please post for me!

My correct email address is ehugill@hotmail.com. It is incorrect should you click to email me from this forum.

#4 05-14-2001 19:01:53

eloy

Okay I did try what was suggested but now my entire look is screwed up because I finally got rid of that online store header image that appeared on all the main pages but now there is just a huge space there and now my MailList page has no cellspacing/padding at all and is running into our navigation bar. I need to get this done shortly but it's becoming a huge headache! Any ideas out there?

The company I work for has three warehouses to liquidate and I am under the gun to get this site online as all of their online advertising contracts will begin shortly and the site best be up and running by then right! So the pressure is on and it's making me insane. I would love any ideas or suggestions to clear up this problem, please feel free!

#5 05-25-2001 06:41:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Actually, that header image you're referring to is the page title image.  Go to:

./library/common_scripts/site_pg_define.pl

and comment out the code where the image is being printed.  Use HTML comment tags ( <!-- image here --> ) to hid it from the browser.  You'll see the HTML in the next to last subroutine in the file.

Nick Hendler

#6 06-02-2001 08:33:32

Sorry,

Co-incidentaly i now need the same hack.

thanks for the tip

Board footer