Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-06-2010 09:38:46

garykva

CCP 7 license keys and upgrade procedures ?

Hello,

I am going to move my two Click Cart Pro shops over to a new server. I have purchased two version 6 shops, and then bought two version 7 upgrades, and a few Xmods and skins....

Question is:

#1:
I can get version 6 to load up without an issue. Now, for the upgrade....is there a CCP installer for the upgrade ? I am starting the site from scratch, so its not a big issue.  I see the CCP installers for v6 and v7 on the CCP website, but no upgrade installer. Does a CCP v7 upgrade installer exist ?

#2:
I have emails which have license keys in them. For the life of me I cannot remember which key belongs to which www site. Does it matter ?
I mean, if additions (like Xmods or zipskins) are linked to a license key, I want to ensure the right software gets loaded on the right site(s).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

GaryK

Last edited by garykva (08-06-2010 09:39:27)

#2 08-06-2010 11:13:39

dh783
Website

Re: CCP 7 license keys and upgrade procedures ?

There is really no upgrade from ccp6 to ccp7, they run on very different codes and database entries so you have separate installs, they both can or could run at the same time so you have enough code for four sites.

Xmods and Zipskins would be linked to the serial number if purchased at the same time, hopefully there would be something in the receipt that would state that information, other than that it wouldn't matter which site got which serial number.

John

#3 08-07-2010 10:10:40

KryptoJim

garykva wrote:

Hello,

I am going to move my two Click Cart Pro shops over to a new server. I have purchased two version 6 shops, and then bought two version 7 upgrades, and a few Xmods and skins....

Question is:

#1:
I can get version 6 to load up without an issue. Now, for the upgrade....is there a CCP installer for the upgrade ? I am starting the site from scratch, so its not a big issue.  I see the CCP installers for v6 and v7 on the CCP website, but no upgrade installer. Does a CCP v7 upgrade installer exist ?

#2:
I have emails which have license keys in them. For the life of me I cannot remember which key belongs to which www site. Does it matter ?
I mean, if additions (like Xmods or zipskins) are linked to a license key, I want to ensure the right software gets loaded on the right site(s).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

GaryK

License keys for v6 vs v7 DO matter.  Submit a ticket to us with the keys and we can let you know which is which.

#4 08-09-2010 22:55:05

garykva

Tickets generally cost cashola here, right ?

Wouldn't it be better to look up my account and pass the info to me at the email address supplied in my account ?
Just a kindly suggestion.... I'll PM you the keys FYI.

This is what I believe the order numbers are:

The CCP v7 website I have is: wwwCollector-Corner.com KRYPT200903209==>KRYPT200903236==>KRYPT200907252

The other CCP v6 key which is unused I want to install to another upcoming website  KRYPT200903235

I think I may have figured it out. Minus the installation part.

I completely redid the software from scratch. On a totally new server. I thought that since I was installing from scratch, the CCP software and all the Xmods would load together. It looks like the mods did not.

Do I need to run the installer again to install the Xmods?

Heres an snip of the email:

ClickCartPro 7 Extension Modules (XMODs)
Software License Key: (removed); Extension Modules (XMODs): XMOD HDSEO: High Definition SEO, XMOD SiteMap: XML Sitemap Creator
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: $XX.XX

Please run your Kryptronic Software Installer to install the XMODs you've purchased. Please check your Management Interface for Kryptronic Server News articles regarding updates you may need to apply when running your installer. Central Server Report: Updated software license key (same license key -removed)Details: Modules XMOD_HDSEO, XMOD_SiteMap added to application with id core.

Last edited by garykva (08-09-2010 23:05:54)

#5 08-09-2010 23:55:30

KryptoJim

Contact the custom shop.  I don't have access to the licensing system, but once that's straight I'll be glad to assist you with anything I can.

And no, you will not be charged for a ticket relating to this issue.  When hired on by Nick (Kryptronic owner) I was told point blank to not charge for tickets if I feel that it's a legit support request to the original product sold.  Modifications or configurations that are documented either in the wiki or forum will be billed, however entry level questions will not be.

Hope this clears a few things up!

Board footer