Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-29-2010 21:18:25

nlorntson

USPS shipping change

Presumably you folks are aware of some upcoming changes to the USPS web tools but perhaps some on the board have done customizations to the shipping estimator and would find the information helpful.

The email I got says

Valued Web Tools Customer;
There are several important changes occurring in the coming months for the Customs Forms and International APIs. Please read the following notice in its entirety.

1. Please reference the June 17, 2010 edition of the USPS Postal Bulletin (http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/pb2010.htm) for a valid index of countries and localities. Effective August 2, 2010, integrators of the following APIs may receive an error response if requests are made to the API with values other than those on the USPS Postal Bulletin list:

- IntlRate
- ExpressMailIntl
- PriorityMailIntl
- FirstClassMailIntl
- CustomsCN22*
- CustomsCN22V2
- CustomsCP72V2*
- CustomsCP72V3
* CustomsCN22 and CustomsCP72V2 are out-dated and will be retired on September 26, 2010 and January 2, 2011, respectively (see below).

2. Effective September 26, 2010, the Customs Form 2976/CN22 API (CustomsCN22) will be retired. Requests made to this API will result in an error response. A new version of the API, CustomsCN22V2, is currently available for use. Detailed technical specifications for this API can be found at http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm under Online Customs Forms.

3. Effective September 26, 2010, the Customs Form 2976/CN22 API (CustomsCN22V2) will undergo several changes. Most significantly, the label image will change in the following ways to satisfy USPS and US Census Bureau regulations:

- A second “Post Office” copy will be added to the bottom portion of the label. This area was blank in the past;
- An “Exemption and Exclusion Legend” box will be added to the label;
- The dimensions of the “Shipping Label” and “Customer Copy” will change slightly relative to each other, though the overall dimensions will remain the same;

- A “Merchandise” checkbox will be added;
- Instructions, certification and Privacy Act text on the second page will be modified.
Changes to the XML schema will be made to enforce several restrictions and add several optional fields. New XML tags will be optional and updated specifications will be published at http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm when the changes are available in the Web Tools production environment:

- <GrossPounds> plus <GrossOunces> cannot exceed 4 pounds, unless addressed to an APO/FPO/DPO or US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State;

- The sum of <NetPounds> and <NetOunces> values cannot exceed 4 pounds, unless addressed to an APO/FPO/DPO or US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State;

- The sum of <NetValue> values cannot exceed 400, unless addressed to an APO/FPO/DPO or US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State;

- An <EELPFC> tag to allow input of an “Exemption and Exclusion Legend” to satisfy US Census Bureau regulations;
- A “MERCHANDISE” enumeration in the <ContentType> tag;
- An optional <ContentTypeOther> tag for use when <ContentType> = “OTHER”
- Up to 5 items in the <ItemDetail> group;
- An optional <HSTariffNumber> tag in the <ItemDetail> group to allow an HS Tariff Number to be input for each of up to 5 items;

- An optional tag to specify Ship Date;
- Changes in the <MailClass> enumerations;
- An optional tag to specify a US Possession, Territory or Freely Associated State destination ZIP Code.
4. Effective January 2, 2011, the Customs Form 2976-A/CP72 API (CustomsCP72V2) will be retired. Requests made to this API will result in an error response. A new version of the API, CustomsCP72V3, is currently available for use. Detailed technical specifications for this API can be found at http://www.usps.com/webtools/technical.htm under Online Customs Forms.

Please contact the USPS Internet Customer Care Center at 1-800-344-7779 or icustomercare@usps.com with questions.
Thank you,
Web Tools Program Office

I don't know enough about how the shipping estimator works, but perhaps some of this will change it as well.  If not, let me know or delete this post.

Thanks all.

#2 08-01-2010 14:30:13

KryptoJim

Re: USPS shipping change

I will talk to Nick about this and get an update.

#3 08-20-2010 02:26:05

Mr. Pink
Website

Well, I'm still using version 5.1 tiki.

I know this is the wrong forum but the 5.1 forum is now read only. I really had no reason to upgrade the scrip for my mini online store as 5.1 always worked fine.

So, I know kryptonic no longer supports 5.1 but all I need to know is what to change and how/where to do it to make the international rate work again. All I use is regular 1st class mail for all international shipments.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance...

If I didn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry, I would be a rich man.
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry.

#4 08-23-2010 23:32:00

KryptoJim

Mr. Pink wrote:

Well, I'm still using version 5.1 tiki.

I know this is the wrong forum but the 5.1 forum is now read only. I really had no reason to upgrade the scrip for my mini online store as 5.1 always worked fine.

So, I know kryptonic no longer supports 5.1 but all I need to know is what to change and how/where to do it to make the international rate work again. All I use is regular 1st class mail for all international shipments.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance...

Not many users (including myself) are very familiar with 5.1 that are still around.  I'm going to move this to 5.1 because it can confuse those who do a search at a later date, and ask that anyone who can help PM you.

Board footer