Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-03-2001 05:16:10

PayPal Installation Help

Can anyone give me directions on how to get the PayPal Module setup to work properly?

I have been fighting this since 10:00 am yesterday, and it is now 5:30 am the next day!  Hahahaha ... I have got to get this store up!

Thanks

#2 06-03-2001 21:09:54

Re: PayPal Installation Help

George,

We'll have a tech reply to your post asap on Monday, thanks for your patience.

#3 06-05-2001 07:07:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

George-

We've removed several posts and I'll address them in this message.  It appears you tried to rip the whole database apart when the paypal integration didn't seem to work.  Here's some answers to your questions:

1.  The way the PayPal integration works is unlike what PayPal people are used to.  You're used to the order being sent over to PayPal and processed and that's it.  The order is sent to PayPal by CCP but then is sent back to your site for additional processing.  When your CCP site receives the order back from PayPay your site will produce confirmation emails and process the order.

2.  Your problem with the installation is that you changed the value for the PayPal 'Referring URL Must Contain String' field from 'paypal.com' to something else.  It should remain 'paypal.com'.  It will work - period.

Thanks & Good luck.

Nick Hendler

#4 06-05-2001 08:49:20

No problem, and I admit to ripping it apart, but when you can figure out why it isn't working, and there is no explanation as to how it is suppose to work, you have to resort to emergency tactics smile

I must say that once you guys got on it, it now works like a dream.  Thnak you very much for going overboard this AM.

There is one concern that I am seeing with the PayPal side.  There is a quantity field that will allow the customer to change the quantity if the order from PayPal's form.  I have some quantity restrictions on several items from the cart, and do not want to have to keep track of and explain to my customers why they can get the number of items they actually paid for, and end up having to refund a portion of the paid amount.  Isn't it possible to simply pass the final amount over to PayPal with out the use of the Quantity field?

Thanks,

George

#5 06-07-2001 18:01:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

According to the PayPal manual and our own testing, if the field named 'undefined_quantity' is passed with a value of '0' or is not passed at all, the quantity will not be editable.  If the value is set to '1', the quantity will be editable on the PayPal side.  CCP4 is shipped by default with this value set to '0' - as can be verified by viewing the 'Payment Form Field Settings' section in the 'Edit Online Processing Settings' function.  You need to make sure this is set to '0'.

Nick Hendler

Board footer