Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-03-2001 08:48:09

Email a Friend Problem

Everything seems to be working great except for when I go to try and use the email a friend portion from a product page. It comes back and tells me -The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. - It does process the orders and email them to me just perfectly however - just won't email a freind...

#2 06-05-2001 07:29:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Email a Friend Problem

One of two things:

(1) Your using a bogus email address and your server can't handle it

or

(2) You have not set up your mail settings properly.  Go to the program settings | edit program settings function and input you mail server name.  CCP is having trouble finding the SMTP server to send the mail.

Nick Hendler

#3 06-06-2001 15:29:44

Well I am nt sure why but the direct server path /usr/sbin/sendmail and it would not work. I even used the -t option. I tried IP number but it really drug on. When I put the domain name in for the mail server it flew just fine.

#4 06-07-2001 17:39:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Excellent work.  I'm glad your problem has been resolved.  It is not too common to find a mail server that won't respond as 'localhost', but it happens - that's why the option is in the program settings.  Be happy with CCP smile

Nick Hendler

Board footer