Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-31-2010 04:09:20

marcininandi

Sitemap.xml Problem - is not generated

Hello,
I have installed xmod-sitemap. Sitemap is enabled. I can see html version of sitemap but there is not xml version.
Link to my shop is: http://www.europacartshop.co.uk/shop/

I created sitemap.xml with chmod777, but there is sill no sitemap genereted by cron.
Additionally when I go to : System Dashboard > System > Component > Settings > Cron Settings
I see current date and time.

Previously I deleted values from field: core.cron_daily_last in core_settings.

Please help me:)!

#2 04-07-2010 12:22:50

jonasaedin
Website

Re: Sitemap.xml Problem - is not generated

I have the same problem... and still no solution... Sitemap XML is not running the cron jobs.. posted several threads and no-one seems to be able to help.

#3 04-08-2010 10:31:37

kreinbrink
Website

I too had the same problem and without any help, I stumbled across an easy solution (albeit not the most cost-efficient) was to buy this:

http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone- … rator.html

I think it was about 20 bucks, and I have to run it manually every day or so but it runs like a charm.  I'm sure there is a way to set it up as a cron job as well.

Ben
  : CCP7 w/ Joomla Integration

#4 04-08-2010 10:41:27

jonasaedin
Website

Thanks... but the issue here is that we bought an extension module for the CCP7 software that should be working. Although I appreciate the feedback I would like to get this working within the SItemap Xmod.

If you look at one of the live shop examples featured on the Kryptonic website they seem to work fine with HDSEO urls and run every day, see http://www.stylinstrings.com/sitemap.xml

I am going to try and run the installer again to see if this will kickstart the cron jobs

#5 04-08-2010 10:42:01

Dave

There should be no reason to purchase anything. The XMOD creates the HTML (user friendly) version of the site map "on demand". If the XML version is not being created it is mostly likely the result of incorrect permissions on the public directory where CCP is installed. If 755 doesn't work try setting it to 777 instead. For the original poster that would be the shop directory but you may also have to do it one directory higher too.

#6 04-08-2010 10:48:14

jonasaedin
Website

Thanks Dave... I know that it is not a permissions issue as the cron job was running fine until I started using the HDSEO urls... these show perfect in the HTML version of the sitemap but since the xml file is not updated since before this, all the links are still the old default ones.

#7 04-08-2010 13:39:40

kreinbrink
Website

Sorry, that's what I meant to say when I posted earlier.  The sitemap was working correctly but there was some "confusion" when it came to HD seo url's.  I couldn't get the HD SEO Url's to show with the sitemap extension as it would only show the regular URL's.

Ben

#8 04-08-2010 16:04:35

Dave

The XML site map does NOT use HD SEO URLs when it is generated.

#9 04-08-2010 16:53:08

kreinbrink
Website

Thanks for clarifying Dave.  And there you go jonasaedin, that is why I went and spent the extra money on the third party sitemap generator.  I wanted the sitemap to include the HD Urls.

Ben

#10 04-09-2010 03:16:01

jonasaedin
Website

hm... it this not a serious shortfall of the sitemap xmod?

Keinbrink, what did you do?.. uninstall the sitemap xmod or do you use the $20 generator and just overwrite the sitemap.xml file?

My client is going to hate me for this, bet he wants his money back for the sitemap xmod!

#11 04-09-2010 11:16:33

kreinbrink
Website

I just left the sitemap mod on and saved the Sitemap generator to the root, for two reasons.

A. The regular urls are still submitting to google and yahoo etc. on a daily basis from the XMOD and the HD SEO urls are submitted via the SItemap Generator.
B. If a user clicks on the non-hd links in a search engine, I have them redirected to the HD SEO urls anyways in my htaccess file so the user always sees the HD URL no matter what.

I don't really monitor the XMOD sitemap but I added the one with HD to my google webmaster account to track it.

Ben

#12 04-13-2010 18:27:34

gbailey

That is not what I bought the sitemap module for.

Sounds like I need to uninstall the sitemap module and find another way to generate an XML sitemap with the HDSEO urls.

Otherwise I'll have a site full of duplicate pages out there for the spiders to fuss over. Don't need that much attention.

That is very disappointing and indeed, a serious oversight.

#13 04-14-2010 09:12:20

kreinbrink
Website

gbailey,

http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone- … rator.html

This is what I use and it works wonderfully if you don't mind shelling out 20 bucks.

Ben

#14 04-15-2010 23:38:15

gbailey

Thanks for the insight. I guess I'll just turn the sitemap module off and go with your solution.
This should be made clear to new buyers - that the HDSEO and Sitemap modules do NOT co-exist properly.

Garnet

#15 05-19-2010 10:00:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Sorry.  That's incorrect.  SiteMap was re-written in version 7 to support HDSEO URLs.  We use the stock SiteMap and HDSEO XMODs on Kryptronic's site and as you can see from our SiteMap, we've got HDSEO URLs in there (note - we don't use them for all of our pages):

https://kryptronic.com/sitemap.xml

Nick Hendler

#16 05-19-2010 10:21:01

jonasaedin
Website

Dave wrote:

The XML site map does NOT use HD SEO URLs when it is generated.

Webmaster wrote:

SiteMap was re-written in version 7 to support HDSEO URLs.

So who is right?
...and if HDSEO works with v7 what do we have to do to reflect this in our xml files?

Board footer