Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-30-2010 05:39:03

andymit

Multiple currencies

We use our own offline credit card processing, and therefore can only charge in UK £’s but we would like users to be able to see what the conversion might be using the multi currency tool. But we still want them at the end to be billed in UK £ as we cannot process sales in other currencies.
Is this possible?

#2 03-30-2010 09:16:34

dh783
Website

Re: Multiple currencies

CCP always bills in the sites base currency, the currency converter is basically  just a display controled by the current exchange rates stored on the site.

John

#3 03-30-2010 09:44:42

andymit

ah great that is what I was hoping for

#4 12-10-2010 17:50:50

Shopper

The base currency in our shop is Euro. Changing the currency from Euro to USD in the shopping cart changes the amount to the converted USD amount. When I then proceed to PayPal, PayPal receives the USD amount and the USD currency, so that the customer can pay in USD.
This works also with other currencies.

Now my question is: We want different prices and different currencies in different countries. How do I tell the shopping cart which currency to use when I "post" a product from a remote website?
How do I set the default currency in the shopping cart, when I "post" the currency like this:

<input type="hidden" name="currency" id="currency" value="<?php echo $currency; ?>" />

Board footer