Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-17-2010 09:17:52

Tanushiheadbash

Add to cart from an external link

Hi
I am working on a page to display my clients products in an html email.
He wants the mail to have a lot of add to basket buttons on it for various products so recipients could put things in a basket right from the mail.
Is there an easy way to acheive this from a static link or do I need to construct the form layout of CCP in the html mail and use $_POST from here?

K

#2 01-18-2010 08:02:47

Tanushiheadbash

Re: Add to cart from an external link

Got this working the way I originally envisaged- bit clunky but works.
The secret will die with me!

K

#3 01-18-2010 08:18:17

mysoftware
Website

How do you do this please, as we need similar functionality?

Thanks

Visit wwwMy-Software.co.uk - World Leaders in Personalised Gift Making Software

#4 01-18-2010 17:31:09

Tanushiheadbash

Ok
I figured out three ways to get add to cart functionality from the static email page
method 1 worked from the email page(the static url) itself but when embedded in the mail I found it did not work. This method used an embedded form  for each item much as the shop does it itself and the $_POST method.

method 2: I worked out in my debugger environment that the shop really only needs these parameters to register something in the cart: You can do this via a conventional hyperlink on some text or indeed in a form as hidden fields using the GET method
app=ecom
ns=addcart
ecom--prodaddtocartX--<where this is the product id>--quantity= <and this is the quantity- typically 1>
prodall= <where this is the prod id>

I tried using simply "quantity" instead of "ecom--prodaddtocartX--<where this is the product id>--quantity" and funnily enough the cart says its happy with the request but it fails to register any actual quantity which looks to be due to the validation done inside the ECOM_Cart Class.

prodall can either be a single variable or an array. Obviously in a GET method its gonna have to be a single item but this is
So a url like
http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?app=e … roddetails
should work either implemented in a form email or as a link

HTH
Kenny

#5 01-19-2010 11:04:50

mysoftware
Website

Thanks

Visit wwwMy-Software.co.uk - World Leaders in Personalised Gift Making Software

Board footer