Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-24-2009 16:24:33

Tanushiheadbash

Product select options in category view

Hi
I am sorry if this may have been asked before- I am sure I read the response to something similar but can't find it now.

My client is adamant he wants a particular display option that I can't see as being available and I personally doubt its do-able in any reasonably straightforward way as it has issues with the sheer logic of it- but I need to ask as he keeps pressing me for it!

My client has a large number of products which have multiple selection options- he sells memory so say you select the category for  Micro SD memory cards.
There are about 6 different makes of the same type memory card, and for each make there are say 3-4 size options: 2Gb, 4Gb,8Gb etc

As it stand just now the category view for the category shows all the different makes of memory card meeting that specification and because each of those product ranges has multiple choices the button says "Add with options". As you will be aware- clicking through on this takes you to the product page where you can select what size and number of cards of that size to add to your cart.

He is adamant he wants the selection box showing the different types of memory on the Category view page so for each make, has all the size options available as a drop down without needing to click through to the final product page. So in other words say there are six makers of SD cards in each product box under the category heading he wants a selection drop down- so there would be six selection drop downs on this particular page showing the sizes and prices of each option.

Is this in anyway do-able? I have looked through the way the data is structured inthe database and tried my best to look at the form structures and short of building some sort of manually maintained static page with the code embedded in I can't see anyway to do this. A statically managed page would as I am sure you will agree be a total pain to maintain.

Many thanks
Kenny

#2 11-24-2009 16:48:41

dh783
Website

Re: Product select options in category view

It sound like to me you looking for the old add to cart with options display for categories which listed the options under the item.

John

#3 11-24-2009 17:08:02

Tanushiheadbash

Best I can do is show you a picture to say what I mean- if you go to this link you will see what I mean
http://www.halleynet.co.uk/demoarea/draft.jpg
Does this help?

Kenny

#4 11-25-2009 16:37:39

Tanushiheadbash

anyone?

#5 11-26-2009 18:56:41

Tanushiheadbash

obviously not. pah humbug

#6 11-26-2009 21:38:26

dh783
Website

Have  you looked at or tried the older ccp6 category with add to cart buttons?

John

#7 11-27-2009 07:47:08

Tanushiheadbash

We had ccp6 installed (site is yet to go live) and I never done an awful lot withthe individual product options but there were ( from memory) two ways to display items with multiple selections:
1) was with a drop down list box ( like the example I show inthe graphic above)
2) used radio buttons
From memory though- and bearing in mind I did not spend that long with ccp6, my client needed ccp7 for the Google checkout functionality (which is sounding like it might be another issue looking at the posts here last night!), I don't remember being able to set up a buy option directly on the category page with the related products showing, you still had to click a buy with options button, go to the product display, select what you wanted and add to cart.
He wants to be able to select the product option on the view under the category heading , in other words to treat an item with options in basically the same way as a single stand alone item.
The product Multi add sort of half does what he wants but he needs each to be treated as a separte product not multiple fields in a single category.

Kenny

#8 11-27-2009 12:51:26

Tanushiheadbash

Think I have worked out a way to do this.... in at the deepend...... here goes.

Board footer