Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-18-2009 08:33:16

jonasaedin
Website

Another .htaccess issue... i think

I have succesfully installed the Europacart 7.1 in a subdirectory of our active CCP6 cart (GBU version) - I am in the progress of converting skins and other alterations before going live.

I have one problem... whenever I click on a link in on the splash page of the EC7 it seems to redirect to the CCP6 version of the site. I suspect this has to do with the .htaccess file. Is there an easy way for me to fix this so I can check subnavigation withing the new install without being sent to the old cart?

I have been checking my links and they dont seem to be hardcoded, and looks like they link into /ec7 but in reality it is showing the CCP6 version

New cart: http://www.contextinteriors.co.uk/ec7/
(note that I have put EUROPACART in the footer)

Old Cart (currently active): http://www.contextinteriors.co.uk/

#2 11-18-2009 08:55:51

Dave

Re: Another .htaccess issue... i think

Most of the links in your V7 installation appear to be correct until you start drilling down into specific areas. It's quite possible that it is related to your .htaccess file as you suspect but without seeing what that file contains it's pretty much impossible to know for sure or offer advice on how you might be able to alter it.

One thing you could do, and it's probably the better choice really, is to turn off SEO in your V7 installation until you're ready to move it and make it live.

#3 11-18-2009 09:01:47

jonasaedin
Website

OK have done that.. will do until I get all the little layout issues weeded out.

Please note I havent messed with the .htaccess at all as far as I remember, should just be as created by CCP6

#4 11-18-2009 09:15:51

Dave

CCP does not, and never has, created .htaccess in the public directory for CCP.

#5 11-18-2009 09:53:03

jonasaedin
Website

Apologies, I think I probably added this as stated in the CCP6 Getting Started guide - its a while ago.

.htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(.*)-(.*)/(.*)\.html index.php?app=$1&ns=$2&ref=$3 [L,PT]

My original store is located in the webserver root and the Europacart temporarily in /ec7 and will be moved to the root when ready.

Don't worry about explaining how .htaccess works, I need to read up on that.. if you could just let me know if the .htaccess above will cause these issues with EC7 that would be great.

Thanks for your time

#6 11-18-2009 10:01:16

Dave

The rewrite rule is likely the reason some of the things in your V7 installation we getting rewritten and pointing to the V6 installation. You should not have to change it at all once you move V7 up into the root of your site. It didn't appear to be affecting all of your links but I didn't look at more than a couple of links and the problem wouldn't have shown up until you started getting deeper into the site.

As I said I'd recommend simply continuing with getting V7 tested and ready with SEO turned off.

Board footer