Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-11-2009 14:56:20

Tanushiheadbash

Minicart question: item names

Is there a straightforward way to add the names of the items to the minicart, not just the number of items so far selected and the total price?
I had a look at some of the code being used to make the main cart view but I can't see where the name is coming from in the xhtml include.
I would guess there is a print funtion with the pertinent field could be patched into the minicart xhtml.
thanks
K

#2 10-11-2009 17:16:21

dh783
Website

Re: Minicart question: item names

I do not think that the name of the product is part of the mini cart array and thus you would not be able to print it. You would at least have to amend the sections of the core files that build the minicart array to include the display name and then add a print statement to the mini cart include to get the name displayed. I will add my two cents on this as I don't think it would be very good as the mini cart area could get quite elongated if a customer had a number of items in there cart or the name of the product was long, but it is your site so you can do what  you like and I have been wrong about other things in the past.

John

#3 10-11-2009 17:40:23

Tanushiheadbash

Re: Minicart question: item names

Hi
Thanks. Actually I am only trying to fulfil the wishes of my client whose shop it is. I can cope with the expanding list OK with a bit CSS and have made the minicart box longer than the default anyway to cope, but coul dnot work out how to get the text in.
I don't mind hacking round withthe skins and scripting a few items either in the front or xhtml includes, but don't have any desire to break the back end.
I think he intends to move to EuropaCart this week anyway before we go live- fingers crossed its an option there.

Board footer