Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-03-2009 11:29:02

Tanushiheadbash

Unordered category lists

Is there a function I can use to deliver an unordered list of categories to "x" depth onto a page?
I can't work out myself how the unordered lists that make up the category menus on the main pages work, I have found some of the related details- "femenus" looks to have something to do with it in the xhtml includes. But one part shows table code being generated and anothe rmentions an array- I don't see how to call the required data on the page.

I want to dynamically generate a horizontal menu bar from the top level categories. I could control the layout in css.
And I also want to dynamically generate a plain text, unordered list with sub categories nested like
<ul>
<li>mainCat1
    <ul>
    <li>mainCat1Sub1</li>
    <li>mainCat1Sub2</li>
    <li>mainCat1Sub3</li>
    </ul>
</li>
<li>mainCat2
<ul>
<li>mainCat2Sub1</li>
<li>mainCat2Sub2</li>
<li>mainCat2Sub3</li>
</ul>
</li>
:
:
:

</ul>

Is there a way to do this? I hoped to find a Codex  somewhere but not been successful in this, I found a class tree but it does not show any examples of use of the raw code at a level I understand- OOP php is not something I am too strong on yet.
Hope I am making sense
ta.
K

Last edited by Tanushiheadbash (10-03-2009 11:29:43)

Board footer