Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-18-2009 06:21:47

makesachange
Website

How different really is CCP7?

I've just been taking a look at the CCP7 demo.  One problem we have with CCP6 is creating new products. 

- I don't understand 1/2 of what it's talking about as it's all in techie-speak (why couldn't "add a new row to this database table" simply say "click here to create a new product"?)

- Creating product options is an absolute PITA

- Having multiple images against a product means switching to Hybrid X Core to upload, and then typing the names of the files into the product creation page with commas between, or going back and forth mutiple times uploading pics one by one through the product creation page, then going BACK and writing in the list again.  This is also an absolute PITA

Looking through the CCP7 demo, these things seem to be the same.  While some text is now in English, not all is, and the product options part seems even worse than before.  For instance, I can't see a way to allocate a product option to a product without using the tick box system - ditto allocating an item to a category - and when I have hundreds of these this is not a feasible interface system.  Have I misunderstood this?

I can't seem to get to a Joomla demo.  The pages linked to from the CCP.com website seem to just go to a front end demo.  What am I missing?  I am wondering if the Joomla interface is an optional replacement for the CCP7 admin interface and in this case I really want to have a good luck at it.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

One thing I do like on the new product creation page is the WYSIWYG editor.  Makes page creation that much faster at least.

Can someone also point me in the direction of a feature list please.  It would be great if there's one which shows what's EXTRA to CCP7 that CCP6 doesn't have?

Thanks ever so much,

Emma

The Organic and Fair Trade Baby Boutique

#2 09-23-2009 10:21:15

amdowney
Website

Re: How different really is CCP7?

I am looking in to creating a separate admin solution for managing options as it is not the easiest still. The way Zen Cart lets you manage options is much less confusing although CCP is a better solution IMO.

In fact the way you can manage the whole catalogue could be made a whole lot less confusing.

Ideally you want to click on a category to manage products within. Then click further to manage the options. Rather than individually create and then link up the cat, prod, prod options, and prod option sel items.

I suppose it depends what the solution is to be used for though...

Last edited by amdowney (09-23-2009 10:33:16)

Board footer