Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-13-2009 18:11:54

garykva

Sendmail Executable for Vista?

Dave?

I remember you said you have a few machines that have Vista installed, and they have CCP.

Trying to install CCP v6 on a freshly loaded Vista Business workstation

I am stuck on step 9. SMTP server connection. Apparently Vista does not come with an SMTP service. I get the follwing error:

An error was encountered while sending the mail message over the Mail connection. Error Information: Failed to connect to localhost:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (code: -1, response: )]

what about the use of a 3rd party PHP mailer like PHPMailer which is at http://phpmailer.worxware.com/index.php

I have my other site up and running - its on a Win2003 server and the smtp goes right thru without a hitch - so its not my ISP.

I have tred different combos of email addresses, user name and passwords, but none seem to work. Any suggestions?

Gary Kozera
wwwcollector-corner.com
wwwnfl-gifts.com

#2 09-13-2009 18:27:01

garykva

Re: Sendmail Executable for Vista?

One more note - I have the server sitting in front of me, so its very tweekable - all the way down to stripping Vista off and putting Win2003 on it  = P

When putting in the proper credentials:
smtp.coxmail.com
port 25
username
password

I get:
An error was encountered while sending the mail message over the Mail connection. Error Information: Failed to connect to smtp.coxmail.com:25 [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 421, response: Sorry, you must log in before using this server.)]

EH? <smirk> I am sure I put the right credentials in. no joy so far.

====

using mail.coxmail.com
port 25
username
password

I get :

An error was encountered while sending the mail message over the Mail connection. Error Information: authentication failure [SMTP: SMTP server does no support authentication (code: 250, response: dukecmimpi03.coxmail.com hello [24.249.124.54], pleased to meet you HELP SIZE 15000000 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES OK)]

same without Authentication of user name / password :

An error was encountered while sending the mail message over the Mail connection. Error Information: Failed to add recipient: reg@kryptronic.com [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: 5.1.1 <reg@kryptronic.com> recipient rejected)]

Gary Kozera
wwwcollector-corner.com
wwwnfl-gifts.com

Last edited by garykva (09-13-2009 18:29:12)

#3 09-14-2009 05:46:14

Dave

No version of Windows other than the server editions has ever had SMTP.  For your 2nd post I'd check the help area for Cox and look for the section on configuring mail clients for sending mail.  It's quite possible they use a port other than 25 and/or a different name.

#4 09-16-2009 08:30:50

garykva

Cox here uses port 25 for smtp and 110 for pop

I had to call Business Tech support at Cox.
They finally revealed another address that they were kind of hesitant to tell me about.
The issue is corrected.

Board footer