Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-19-2009 10:49:48

Tanushiheadbash

Installation problem: file permissions (trial version)

Hi
I am installing the trial version of CCP6 on my clients hosting server (it has a temp url as their domain currently points elsewhere- in case this is significant).

I have created the public and private directories and chmod'ed the files and directories 777 but I get a file permissions error when I run up installer.php.
please advise.
many thanks
K

#2 08-19-2009 13:53:56

Tanushiheadbash

Re: Installation problem: file permissions (trial version)

This is a bit worrisome. I notice another user had no response to an install issue also. Perhaps its not the package for us. Somewhat disappointed at the lack of support from the outset.
I have reloaded the files and redone all permissions but still same error. Don't see any obvious cause.

#3 08-19-2009 14:43:18

dh783
Website

The service provider may not allow files at 777 try 755.

John

#4 08-19-2009 15:19:46

Tanushiheadbash

Hi
I have been trawling my techsupport database and found this- looks to be the issue- I twigged when I trawled the install scripts looking for the error message which I could see was not generated in the installer script.
I tried my own script in place and it did the same so this might be an issue. Will see how I get on

CGI scripts need certain file permissions to be set if they are to work properly. In general CGI scripts need to have permissions on 755 (rwxr-xr-x), although PHP files only need 644 (rw-r--r--). The folders containing CGI scripts also need certain permissions. In particular, if a folder has very lax permissions, such as 777 (rwxrwxrwx), the web servers will not execute the scripts contained in it. Folders containing CGI scripts should ideally have permissions of 711 (rwx--x--x). This also applies to the folders that contain the first folder, if you have a multi-level folder structure, although 755 for folders is also fine.

Board footer