Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-15-2009 14:28:10

chainek

Changing the display

Ok, super new here and desperately need some help.

I re-designed a site for a business. I completed all pages except for their 'buy a gift certificate' page. We where having problems getting the server credentials from the previous owner of the business so I was unable to get onto the server and view any server-side code until now. It appears that this 'gift certificate' page uses clickcartpro. It is actually 5 different pages; the main page, search, view basket.....

At the bottom of each of those pages is a menu-bar with links to pages that will no longer exist once the new site launches. I cannot for the life of me find the pl file with the html of these pages. I need to change those links.

I don't know if it will help to provide a link to this page. If so please let me know.

I really appreciate it.

#2 08-15-2009 14:31:35

Dave

Re: Changing the display

CCP, 6 and 7, are written in PHP so you won't find a Perl file.  I would suspect that those links may be found in skin.php for the skin being used on the site.

#3 08-15-2009 14:46:56

chainek

I have performed a search on the server for a file named 'skin' and 'skin.php' which turned up no results.

The page itself is wwwdomainname.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg … f=giftcert

cp-app is a .pl file. In the comments at the top of the file it reads:

This entire package is Copyright 2003 Kryptronic, Inc. and is    #
#    distributed under license. View the license agreement for more   #
#    information.  Installation of this software package indicates    #
#    acceptance of the license agreement.                             #
#                                                                     #
#    Software Version:  5.1.8 (tiki)                                  #
#    Package Date:      August 1, 2005                                #
#    Author:            Nick Hendler, Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.     #
#    Author Email:      webmaster@kryptronic.com                     

I saw a reference to clickcartpro in another file so I assumed that is what it is using.

?

Thanks again.

#4 08-15-2009 16:09:45

Dave

Oh, that's a VERY old version, 5.1, so let me move this thread over to that forum.

#5 08-17-2009 13:02:10

chainek

Is anybody able to help me with this?

I hope this doesn't require entering the admin tool because it appears that the username/password for the server that took me months to get from the previous designer isn't the same username/password to log into the admin tool.

The documentation isn't really helping me much. If I was setting this up from scratch then it would be different.. but I just need the specifics as to where the layout code is located.

#6 08-17-2009 13:15:15

rachaelseven
Website

The 'skin' in CCP5.1, such as it is, is a file called ste_layout.txt.  This file is in the data/elements directory, but can also be accessed directly through the CCP admin area under HTML Pages & Elements -> Manage Site Elements -> Site HTML Layout.  That's where you'll find your links.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#7 08-17-2009 13:41:15

chainek

Thank you so much! I never would have looked in that file.

Greatly appreciated.

Board footer