Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-30-2009 14:17:58

stuseattle

Simple Install Question

I'm considering the CCP7 Upgrade -- we bought CCP6 just a couple of months ago and only finally got it activated this past week -- and have a couple of simple (stupid?) questions  . . . 

1. I looked over the upgrade installation instructions and it appears that it's recommended that we install CCP7 in a different folder than CCP6.  When we install this time, is there a way to name the CCP home folder so that, when someone visits the site, the url would show our company domain and /shopping or /cart, instead of kxhc or something like that?

2. Is it easier to put an "add to cart" button from other sites? We're not real techies here...

3. We've had another shopping cart for the past 10 years or so. One of the things we did was take the "add to cart" buttons from old pages and have them link to the specific item page in CCP6.  Are the addresses for individual store products and/or categories going to remain the same or will we have to go update everything again.  (Trying to keep an existing cart going while updating everything to CCP6 has taken us quite a while. Like I said above, we only just activated CCP6.)

Lastly, I've looked around . . . there's no special discount upgrade for those who bought within the past couple of months, is there? Even though we took advantage of your sale price on CCP6, it does feel as though we're buying it all over again . . . especially since we spent the month changing everything.

Thanks for all the support,

stu

#2 07-30-2009 14:46:39

Dave

Re: Simple Install Question

stuseattle wrote:

1. I looked over the upgrade installation instructions and it appears that it's recommended that we install CCP7 in a different folder than CCP6.  When we install this time, is there a way to name the CCP home folder so that, when someone visits the site, the url would show our company domain and /shopping or /cart, instead of kxhc or something like that?

Of course.  CCP may be installed anywhere including the root of your site.  There's never been any requirement that it be in a directory.  The use of khxc in the documentation was merely used as an example (although a LOT of people thought that's what it had to be).

stuseattle wrote:

2. Is it easier to put an "add to cart" button from other sites? We're not real techies here...

As with version 6 remote product add is simply a web page that you create, or add to an existing page, that contains all of the product details that will be sent over to CCP.  There's very little change in that area between 6 and 7.

stuseattle wrote:

3. We've had another shopping cart for the past 10 years or so. One of the things we did was take the "add to cart" buttons from old pages and have them link to the specific item page in CCP6.  Are the addresses for individual store products and/or categories going to remain the same or will we have to go update everything again.  (Trying to keep an existing cart going while updating everything to CCP6 has taken us quite a while. Like I said above, we only just activated CCP6.)

The answer to this one is, it depends.  In any case you should be able to use redirects if need be so you wouldn't have to change the links.

stuseattle wrote:

Lastly, I've looked around . . . there's no special discount upgrade for those who bought within the past couple of months, is there?

You didn't miss anything Stu, there isn't one. I've asked our sales folks to get in touch with you at the e-mail address you registered here with.

Board footer