Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-25-2009 16:12:07

frontline
Website

Create download build on the fly?

Probably a support ticket required but I thought I would start here first...

I have a software product that, when purchased, requires a build to be made for installation combining the base software with about a dozen fields of customer data.

Question... can this be done on the fly and have the resulting file for download be specific to each customer?

The plan is to deploy the store on a Linux system and build the Windows EXEs as needed.
One suggestion is to use the Nullsoft package for this (as discussed here)...
http://www.xdevsoftware.com/blog/post/H … inux-.aspx

Thoughts on how to accomplish this? Thanks!

#2 07-25-2009 19:00:51

Dave

Re: Create download build on the fly?

Quite easy to accomplish actually.  In the {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_Order/ext directory is an example named 0400_custom.php which you may adopt/change as needed to accomplish what you need to do. You'll probably want to create the file directly in the public downloads directory and send a note about it from your code.

There are other ways to accomplish it too but that's probably the easiest.  You'll want to be sure that your process completes very quickly as the "normal" execution time allowed for PHP is 30 seconds.

Board footer