Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-21-2009 22:13:09

alicia

password issue/ lost connection from joomla to ccp

Nick --
Any ideas on this--

I was trying to get a harmonious union with kayako(jfusion plug in)/joomla/ccp:

"Because ClickCartPro and Joomla! integrate without affecting the standalone status of either install, and because the integration was done supporting all plugin events, it is possible to run a site with ClickCartPro, Joomla! and any other software that integrates with Joomla! harmoniously supporting a single-sign-on and user persistence."

I don't know if its related or not...but my password on my ccp7 admin suddenly changed and I couldn't get into my admin panel.  I didn't get any email with new p/w--but did change p/w back in database....

I really didn't do anything with ccp prior to this except change the skin to standard from joomla so i can test the bridge..

I did install the jfusion plug in/and the kayako plug in.. No issues there, and thats working great...

I have lost my log in connection from joomla to ccp as well...

From ccp to joomla its a-ok..

The Jfusion plug in is working well, and as it should be....

So I am a bit perplexed... not necessarily that it isn't working fully-- but how the ccp p/w would get changed in the midst and lose its connection...

I am gonna query the creator and get his thoughts too....

Thanks,
Alicia

#2 07-22-2009 07:43:28

alicia

Re: password issue/ lost connection from joomla to ccp

I of course posed the same question back to the plug in creator...  he says nothing from that plug in should have wreaked any havoc on the ccp side....

so best I would know to do...is to uninstall and start fresh.. making sure ccp is working  and then reinstall the plug in..

and if its not the plug in--  what could have suddenly changed the p/w etc..   I don't think I could blame myself for that one..well yet... as I was not near the site prior to installing the plug in....

Alicia

#3 07-22-2009 07:54:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Your Kayako install may have prompted the password change in CCP via Joomla!.

As far as the Joomla!->CCP connection not seeming to work, when your jfusion plugin was installed, did it disable the CCP authentication or user plugins?

Nick Hendler

#4 07-22-2009 09:26:06

alicia

On the surface all the ccp plug ins are enabled....

I thought about that regarding the p/w change.. but it shouldn't have... if it did I would imagine it should have then sought to change it to the same thing... as that would have been the same user/email/p/w combo...

Perhaps the key is right here...

I lost my log in connection from joomla to ccp...  I still have a log in connection from ccp to joomla...
-----
Again, no issue for jFusion, unless you have a user or authentication Joomla plugin active together with the jFusion user and auth plugins.

jfusion and ccp both have an authentication plug in.......

so I think that is the issue......

#5 07-22-2009 10:05:36

alicia

Based on the multiple authentications jfusion has offered a solution to the issue...and I tested it quickly once this am...and will double and triple check later as time permits...

It seems in the plug in order.....ccp must come first..... i changed the order of the plug ins...and my joomla log in, logged me into joomla/kayako/ccp....

Of course this will need to be refined...but its a good, big start...

Alicia

#6 07-22-2009 10:07:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

So jfusion is requiring the CCP auth and user plugins to be disabled?  If that's the case then Joomla! would never contact CCP for anything.

Nick Hendler

#7 07-22-2009 10:14:47

alicia

no, they are enabled... in fact, they  must be first in order.... and then the jfusion plugin follow.....

#8 07-22-2009 10:33:29

alicia

This in the end is my goal...

http://www.reef-one.com   ..  Its a beautiful integration of joomla/kayako/and ecommerce -- ccp of course is a better commerce solution... 

So you have http://www.reef-one.com
                   http://www.reef-one.com/support    (kayako)
                   http://www.reef-one.com/store        (store)

Its exciting that is now very possible with ccp.

#9 07-22-2009 10:46:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

So is it working?  It boiled down to the plugin order, which had to be:

Joomla
CCP
jfusion

??

Nick Hendler

#10 07-22-2009 14:58:03

alicia

CCP MUST be in first position....

So far it works...

#11 07-22-2009 23:12:19

alicia

It works--with only one weakness...  My guess is this would have to be custom coded, or one of the logins in place of.. I am not that far yet...but happy to have had success thus far.....

a) joomla template on ccp side.. still breaks into a mess...I dont know the hows or whys.... but for this I went back to default template....

b) a log in or out to joomla will result in a log in or out to kayako, and to ccp.

c) I installed the kayako reverse plug in this evening...  a log in or out in kayako will result in a log in or out to joomla and ccp...

d) a log in or out in ccp will only result in a log in or out in joomla....it does not affect kayako in any way...

fields are still a little iffy into ccp... example first and last name instead of being split winding up in one field like:
firstlastname  -- no spaces

Alicia

#12 07-23-2009 07:16:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

TEMPLATE:

Your template is very custom.  When I saw it, it looked fine.  It must have some code in it that our Joomla! skin importer isn't handling correctly.  It may be best just to code a version of your Joomla! template right into the CCP skin and forget the import.

LOGIN/LOGOUT of CCP:

That's strange.  I would think that Kayako would respond to the requests from CCP as Joomla! is.  CCP simply uses Joomla! broadcast feature to broadcast those events.  That appears to be working because Joomla! is responding to those requests.  Is jfusion set up to listen to those events?

FIELDS:

We do a split of first name / last name in CCP based on the first space seen in the name (that's the only way to do it).  Unfortunately Joomla! stores both in a 'name' field instead of splitting first and last names into two fields.

Nick Hendler

#13 07-23-2009 11:00:48

alicia

Template:

I agree...its best to forget the import... 

Login/Logout:

Lost on what you mean broadcast of those events...  pretty much its a plug in that will accomodate other authentication... The kayako plug in  enables the joomla to kayako connection...  there is also an additional plug in that enables the kayako to joomla connection....  so as far as ccp is concerned its picked up in the first connection,
but would need something to enable the reverse..

Fields:

If I do customer joomla fields, would ccp pick them up, or would some type of additional mapping be required?

Thanks,
Alicia

#14 07-23-2009 13:11:06

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Login/Logout:

I'd check to see if the Kayako reverse plugin is set up to listed to broadcast events in Joomla! for user-based actions.

Fields:

They'd need to be coded into the /{private}/core/CORE_Joomla/CORE_Joomla.php file in order for the translation to occur.  Right now we support name, email, username and password - the default Joomla fields.

Nick Hendler

#15 07-23-2009 15:09:42

alicia

Nick, regarding the login/logout-- can you give me the question please in joomla for dummies... I checked the joomla site for similar verbage as well as other resources-- and I am not quite sure what you are asking....
I have posed it back to the developer, but they weren't sure what you were referring to the first time around either..
So in plain english for me please-- so I can find out..so I can convey properly....

Thanks,
Alicia

#16 07-23-2009 15:29:33

Dave

Is the Joomla Kayako plugin designed to listen to broadcast events for user based actions?

#17 07-23-2009 15:58:35

alicia

Thanks, Dave :-)  I understand what it says... I just don't understand what it means....  in laymans terms...

what is listen to broadcast events for user based actions....

Alicia

#18 07-23-2009 19:09:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This might help demystify plugin events:

http://docs.joomla.org/Supporting_plugi … _component

ClickCartPro communicates all events as recommended.

Nick Hendler

Board footer