Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-14-2009 18:54:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

UK-Specific Functionality Requirements

Due to recent posts concerning the UK-specifc functionality currently present in ClickCartPro 7, we are starting this thread to identify potential items to include in the first update to ClickCartPro 7.  Items that have already been posted elsewhere:

Royal Mail Shipping Integration
Protx/SagePay Direct Processor Integration

Please post away...

Nick Hendler

#2 07-15-2009 08:39:25

richessex

Re: UK-Specific Functionality Requirements

How will anyone know what to ask for if a full and detailed feature list isnt listed? Can you list one please?

#3 07-15-2009 09:02:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Everything will be added today.  We are working on the updates to kryptronic.com now and will publish everything later today.

Nick Hendler

#4 07-15-2009 11:18:22

amdowney
Website

Parcelforce?

I gather there has been some confusion about the fact that there is no UK version just the one universal version. This is still the case I take it? Hope so!

Last edited by amdowney (07-15-2009 11:36:23)

#5 07-15-2009 12:27:16

BobbyOnions

My software integrator has been in touch with GreenbarnWeb. This is the reply:

We are currently waiting for the US to supply CCP7 for us to start work on.
It will then take 2-4 weeks to provide the UK version.

He also asked them about the message on the forum (saying that there will be just one version) and they replied:

The simply answer is NO.

The current contract we have gives me the exclusive rights to sell a UK/EU
version of ClickCartPro.

So CCP7 will have a UK/EU version with the same UK/EU functionality as CCP6.

So it looks as if there is dissent amongst the ranks. Not what we want to hear when our businesses and projects are relying on this product.

#6 07-15-2009 12:56:31

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the post.  Howard is referring to the module pack GreenBarnWeb will be creating for ClickCartPro 7.  ClickCartPro software as sold and delivered by Kryptronic is the only version that will be available.  GreenBarnWeb will be marketing ClickCartPro 7 with their module bundle as a UK version.  We are still in negotiations concerning this.

Currently we have requests for two items that were not included in CCP7.  Those are SagePay Direct and Royal Mail integrations.  These are currently on the todo list for the first scheduled update to ClickCartPro 7 - which should be released next week (the update that is).  It appears that most of the functionality required is already in the base program.

I think you guys are really going to like how we handled VAT in CCP7.

Nick Hendler

#7 07-15-2009 13:20:33

121NetDesign

Thanks for confirming that GreenBarnWeb seems to still believe he is in control of the UK when it comes to CCP7. I rejoiced when I heard there would be be a single version, but was dismayed when I learnt about the UK XMOD.

I have had all my support for CCP6 via the US version of the support forum (when there was a UK and US area). I gave up waiting for replies from Howard. Instant results where always gained from the non UK support forum. This can be confirmed by checking my postings.

This is one of the reasons why I begrudge giving the UK middle man a penny of my money. However, a question begs asking. Is there a Russian version? A French version etc etc? What makes the UK attract an additional charge? Are we really that perculiar?

I personally, will purchase the full version in the next day or two and will modify it myself if required for the UK. I like the feedback I am getting from Nick regarding Royal Mail integration etc as a free update to CCP7. And if you have integrated a great VAT solution, I wonder what is left for Howard to charge for? And to what he is going to be asking for it!

Last edited by 121NetDesign (07-15-2009 13:24:14)

Tommy Lee

#8 07-15-2009 13:24:33

Dave

121NetDesign wrote:

However, a question begs asking. Is there a Russian version? A French version etc etc?

No.

121NetDesign wrote:

What makes the UK attract an additional charge? Are we really that perculiar?

What MADE it attract an additional cost was the work done to handle VAT for the UK and EU all of which is now included in version 7.

121NetDesign wrote:

I wonder what is left for Howard to charge for? And to what he is going to be asking for it!

Not something we can answer obviously.

#9 07-15-2009 14:11:02

amdowney
Website

121NetDesign wrote:

Thanks for confirming that GreenBarnWeb seems to still believe he is in control of the UK when it comes to CCP7. I rejoiced when I heard there would be be a single version, but was dismayed when I learnt about the UK XMOD.

I have had all my support for CCP6 via the US version of the support forum (when there was a UK and US area). I gave up waiting for replies from Howard. Instant results where always gained from the non UK support forum. This can be confirmed by checking my postings.

This is one of the reasons why I begrudge giving the UK middle man a penny of my money. However, a question begs asking. Is there a Russian version? A French version etc etc? What makes the UK attract an additional charge? Are we really that perculiar?

I personally, will purchase the full version in the next day or two and will modify it myself if required for the UK. I like the feedback I am getting from Nick regarding Royal Mail integration etc as a free update to CCP7. And if you have integrated a great VAT solution, I wonder what is left for Howard to charge for? And to what he is going to be asking for it!

You pretty much nailed it!!!!!

(Recent example: https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=24742)

Last edited by amdowney (07-15-2009 16:14:24)

#10 07-15-2009 14:31:26

nigelt

121NetDesign wrote:

What makes the UK attract an additional charge? Are we really that perculiar?

No we aren't peculiar, which is why other carts dont charge extra for UK versions.
Actually other carts dont specifically support the uk but seem to be able to cope with adding our "peculiar ????" bits
Not sure whats so peculiar about Royal Mail but it only takes 1 hour to manually add the relevant bits.......
0 - 100 grams 60p
100 - 250 grams 90p
or whatever the current rates are...
Why the bloody hell we're having to pay extra I've got no idea
Is this down to the initial design of CCP not being adaptable ?.. who knows..
I really really want to continue with CCP but Its getting more and more difficult day by day to support them/it/him !!
Nige

#11 07-15-2009 14:35:56

Dave

nigelt wrote:

No we aren't peculiar, which is why other carts dont charge extra for UK versions.

And neither does Kryptronic.

nigelt wrote:

Why the bloody hell we're having to pay extra I've got no idea

There's a bit more to it than that but you're making a huge assumption that you'll have to pay extra for it.  I don't believe anything has been posted that says it will be an extra charge.

nigelt wrote:

Is this down to the initial design of CCP not being adaptable ?

Not in the least.  Adding a shipping gateway for Royal Mail, especially, is pretty darn straight forward actually.  The carriers that offer real-time rates are a bit more work though.

#12 07-15-2009 14:43:11

nigelt

Ok Dave
I'll keep my gob shut until V7 is released.. cant say fairer than that.
I'm totally confused now as to what V7 will/wont can/cant do.. so until its released I'll shut up.

Regards
Nige
PS.. its time you were in bed !!

Last edited by nigelt (07-15-2009 14:43:41)

#13 07-15-2009 14:59:21

NicheDev

nigelt wrote:

Ok Dave

At 4 in the afternoon?

Dave's American, not Italian!  smile

#14 07-15-2009 15:11:22

Dave

Monday as announced in post 457 .  The upgrade from version 6 option will be available very soon.

#15 07-15-2009 15:11:54

Dave

nigelt wrote:

I wouldn't mind but people might think it odd if I went to bed at 4 in the afternoon smile

#16 07-15-2009 15:29:28

NicheDev

Dave, most "from scratch, latest version" software installations are in my experience usually better than applying the latest upgrade to an existing installation. A bit like applying numerous patches to an OS is not as good as a clean new install.
I have a virgin installation of CCP6 which hasn't been touched or used yet. Would you recommend upgrading it to v7, or deleting the whole thing incl. database etc. and starting afresh with a new installation of v7?

Paul

#17 07-15-2009 15:33:21

121NetDesign

dave wrote:

There's a bit more to it than that but you're making a huge assumption that you'll have to pay extra for it.  I don't believe anything has been posted that says it will be an extra charge.

I apologise for the assumption Dave. I trust there will be no extra charge for it.

I must point out the lack of posts to date from Howard in the new UK CCP7 forum, updating us regarding the UK XMAOD, sorry.

What I can say for CCP7 is that it made me look at Joomla (I have been building sites sites since 2002!) and I am runnig a test site with it (it's free after all, nothing to lose). So far, I am quite impressed how easy it is to implement additions such as directorys and forums.

Last edited by 121NetDesign (07-16-2009 01:54:56)

Tommy Lee

#18 07-15-2009 15:42:28

Dave

NicheDev wrote:

Dave, most "from scratch, latest version" software installations are in my experience usually better than applying the latest upgrade to an existing installation. A bit like applying numerous patches to an OS is not as good as a clean new install.
I have a virgin installation of CCP6 which hasn't been touched or used yet. Would you recommend upgrading it to v7, or deleting the whole thing incl. database etc. and starting afresh with a new installation of v7?

If you haven't done anything with 6 it doesn't really matter.  Version 7 is going to be a fresh install anyway then the V6 data will be imported.

#19 07-15-2009 15:44:05

Dave

121NetDesign wrote:

I apologise for the assumption Nick. I trust there will be no extra charge for it.

Last time I checked I was Dave and not Nick smile

Nobody here is in a position to speculate on whether or not something may be made available as an XMOD or in an update.  Let's not jump to any conclusions or make assumptions please.

#20 07-15-2009 16:56:12

nigelt

Dave wrote:

nigelt wrote:

I wouldn't mind but people might think it odd if I went to bed at 4 in the afternoon smile

oops ... for some reason I assumed that the US were about 6 hours ahead....
Anyway.. never heard of an afternoon nap haha
Sorry !

Dave wrote:

Monday as announced in post 457 .  The upgrade from version 6 option will be available very soon.

No sign of a trial though ......
While i'm waiting i'll study world time zones :-)

#21 07-17-2009 03:05:06

west4
Website

POSTCODE ANYWHERE
wwwpostcodeanywhere.co.uk

&

POSTCODE SOFTWARE
wwwpostcodesoftware.net

Cheers,
Bruce.

Last edited by west4 (07-17-2009 04:36:32)

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#22 07-17-2009 03:45:19

Silk
Website

Ditto Postcode Anywhere and Postcode Software.

Last edited by Silk (07-17-2009 03:47:36)

#23 07-17-2009 03:51:56

Coaster_geek

Postcode Anywhere integration would be awesome asap!!

#24 07-17-2009 04:30:22

zanart

Hi
I think the web based software can be found here:
http://www.postcodesoftware.net/

from memory I think they were the cheapest - 2p per look up for the smallest package.

The Postcode anywhere software - as included in V6 by Greenbarnweb works out at 6.6p per lookup.

Therefore if this can be intergrated please go for postcodesoftware.net.

Thanks
Rob

Rob

#25 07-18-2009 18:24:55

bbac

OK so the demos are up and kind-of running and we can see which payment gateways are available - and work out which aren't

https://kryptronic.com/demo/admin.php?a … managegate

I don't see HSBC in that list so therefore I'd like to ask for HSBC Payment Form (CPI) integration, as available in the UK version of CCP6.

Board footer