Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#451 07-13-2009 16:36:40

Dave

Re: ClickCartPro 7 - Initial Thread From CCP6 Forum

NicheDev wrote:

I truly appreciate and understand that, but for those like me who will spend time learning if we really have to but would prefer just to throw a few switches to achieve the look we want, a set of simple instructions would be just great. I don't want to impress anyone with clever coding or innovative features, I just want a site that works well and looks the way I want it to. But I don't want the cloned look of OSCommerce etc. I chose CCP for many reasons, not least that I found lots of sites using it that didn't all look the same.

It's a two edged sword.  There aren't a couple of switches that may be thrown to change things other than some basic stuff like the background or link coloring or overall text coloring.  As soon as you get beyond that you virtually have to have a basic understanding of html/css.

NicheDev wrote:

Anyone interested?

That's what our  process is for Paul.

#452 07-13-2009 16:47:30

NicheDev

Point taken, Dave.

I guess in 10 years' time I'll get what I want, judging by the way software has evolved in recent times. I'm just impatient - I want it now!

Paul

#453 07-13-2009 16:48:56

Dave

jason wrote:

I don't want to sound too pragmatic (if thats the  right word to use..lol) but one thing that I would really like would be the ability to view a tutorial on how to change the default ccp skin/skins, based on step by step guides.

Or to put it another way... View a tutorial taking the default skin and through step by step guides using this skin and the cart as a whole show the progress of changing this skin to something really nice. Very much like a Haynes manual of skin design and deployment.

Is that too much to ask.

Quite bluntly yes.  Anything beyond basic color changing and a logo change almost certainly delves into html/css which, if it's not understood, will quickly frustrate you.  As I said in another post just a few minutes ago, we'd have to create a html/css tutorial first then go from there and that would be duplicating information that's already available in a LOT of places.

jason wrote:

I can use the online css tutorials all day long, but this isn't going to give me working practical knowledge of how to implement this into ccp.

Ah but it can.  Pick a design element you want to change (clone your skin and work with a copy of course).  Start making changes, one at a time, and seeing the effect.  That's how a good number of folks here started and have ended up being very good at it.  I didn't learn PHP, HTML, CSS and MySQL overnight believe me.  I still learn something about at least one of those things every day and I've been doing it for more than 9 years now (web related stuff since 82).

jason wrote:

Is it really that difficult to produce a step by step guide to designing a new skin using css and certain html examples and of course ccp as the example.

Short answer, yes.

jason wrote:

Once us noobs got the jist of how it should be done we can revert to all the online css/html/js help that is available - confident we are attacking this in the right way.

You have to start somewhere and baby steps are a good thing.  Take a piece of paper and sketch what you want.  Give the areas names that are meaningful. Then start tweaking your copy of the skin you cloned and ask questions if you get stuck or confused.  It's really not as scary or difficult as it may seem at first.

#454 07-13-2009 16:52:36

Dave

NicheDev wrote:

I guess in 10 years' time I'll get what I want, judging by the way software has evolved in recent times. I'm just impatient - I want it now!

I've had discussions about getting a site design and it boils down to a couple of types of business owners.  On one side you have the owner who wants to do everything themselves and is willing to invest the (large) amount of time it might take to ramp up on the technologies needed to accomplish what they are looking for (while running their business).

On the other side is the owner who says, my time is too valuable to learn all of that stuff and it will really end up costing me less if I pay for the people who are experts to do it.

#455 07-13-2009 17:09:42

jason

Thanks for that Dave.

Now to all the developers out there.

What would it cost to get the site I have already (CCP6 UK)-  updated and designed so it looks swish, professional and ready to rock and roll.

Its hosted...probably very nearly ready to go (back end wise) barring a few pricing issues and postage issues (which would need looking at by a developer)

I really haven't got any more time available to do or attempt this myself.

wwwpcpricedrop.com/click

Last edited by jason (07-13-2009 17:11:28)

#456 07-13-2009 19:59:15

rocketcity

Guess again,  another new date..

#457 07-13-2009 20:03:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

ClickCartPro 7 has arrived!  The new software has been fully tested and is available for purchase at the following URL as a FULL VERSION:

https://kryptronic.com/ccp0-prodshow/CCPFULL7.html

We have released this full version today for the users of this forum who have projects pending and require the new software immediately.

We are going to do a full public release on Wednesday, 07/15/2009, at which time we will make available the upgrade scripting, additional skins, and the ability to add XMODs to existing ClickCartPro 7 installs.  The Kryptronic website will be updated on 07/15/2009 as well will full features lists, release notes, demos, etc.

Nick Hendler

#458 07-13-2009 22:00:39

Iceit88
Website

Hi Nick will the 5.1 upgrade be available Wednesday also?

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#459 07-14-2009 01:36:20

zanart

Dave or Nick.

With the release of V7 I am intending on overhauling my current site. I want to keep the current site as it is whilst I make the changes.

Do I need to buy a full licence, and if I do will I be able to still use the importer??

or to use the importer script will I need to buy an upgrade licence??

I would prefer to buy a full licence so I could use the old ccp6 licence in the future.

Thanks
Rob

Rob

#460 07-14-2009 02:59:19

amdowney
Website

Horray!

webmaster wrote:

ClickCartPro 7 has arrived! 

We have released this full version today for the users of this forum who have projects pending and require the new software immediately.

I gave up waiting months ago - LOL. But look forward to trying it out on my next project!wink

Last edited by amdowney (07-14-2009 13:01:23)

#461 07-14-2009 04:21:29

rvr84

Gerat that CCP7 is now released!

Can Greenbarn advise when the UK version is due to be released?  And if the XMODs will be compatible?

Thanks!

Last edited by rvr84 (07-14-2009 04:21:51)

#462 07-14-2009 04:24:48

htw_simon
Website

Greenbarn won't be releasing v7. This release covers the UK too. There is now just one version.

Last edited by htw_simon (07-14-2009 04:25:43)

#463 07-14-2009 04:37:32

GreenbarnWeb
Banned
Website

[POST REMOVED]

#464 07-14-2009 04:42:47

GreenbarnWeb
Banned
Website

[POST REMOVED]

#465 07-14-2009 05:07:25

nigelt

FFS.. Version 7 will be ready next week, next week, next week, then its out today... but only the full version and by pressing the special link, its not actually visible on the CCP main page which still shows v6 as the latest, oh and the upgrade, which I think nearly EVERYONE who's been following the thread will want... is still a few days away... and probably more.
Then we're told, there will only be one version of v7, no more uk version like v6... now we're told there WILL be a uk version.

Does anyone know what is actually going on ?
And more to the point why it is we need a customised uk version.
Every other cart i've used and am using at the moment only has the one version and it works quite happily in the UK/US

Thanks
Nige

#466 07-14-2009 06:46:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Iceit88:

Hi Nick will the 5.1 upgrade be available Wednesday also?

The 5.1 importer should be available today.  If not, definitely by tomorrow.

zanart:

Dave or Nick.

With the release of V7 I am intending on overhauling my current site. I want to keep the current site as it is whilst I make the changes.

Do I need to buy a full licence, and if I do will I be able to still use the importer??

or to use the importer script will I need to buy an upgrade licence??

I would prefer to buy a full licence so I could use the old ccp6 licence in the future.

The upgrade works much as it did with version 6 - we are selling a full standalone license and providing an importer script that allows you to migrate you data from version 6 to version 7.  You could purchase version 7 now, install it, and then run the importer when you're ready (after it's released, of course).  We expect the imported to be ready tomorrow.

nigelt:

FFS.. Version 7 will be ready next week, next week, next week, then its out today... but only the full version and by pressing the special link, its not actually visible on the CCP main page which still shows v6 as the latest, oh and the upgrade, which I think nearly EVERYONE who's been following the thread will want... is still a few days away... and probably more.
Then we're told, there will only be one version of v7, no more uk version like v6... now we're told there WILL be a uk version.

Does anyone know what is actually going on ?
And more to the point why it is we need a customised uk version.
Every other cart i've used and am using at the moment only has the one version and it works quite happily in the UK/US

Howard made a couple of incorrect posts about the GreenBarn version.  I'll clear this up here.  ClickCartPro 7, as distributed by Kryptronic, includes most of the functionality that was only found in the ClickCartPro 6 UK/GBU version.  There are a few items that we left for GreenBarnWeb to distribute as a UK XMOD.  Those items include integrations Royal Mail shipping method, and integrations with some UK processing gateways.  It is Kryptronic's intention that GreenBarnWeb distribute a UK XMOD pack from their site that includes more UK functions than Kryptronic's ClickCartPro 7.  A dedicated UK version of ClickCartPro 7 will not be produced as it's not needed any more.  Negotiations between Kryptronic and GreenBarnWeb are still in process concerning this.

Concerning version 7, the full version has been released.  We will publish the importer scripts and update the Kryptronic website over the next day and will publish upgrades, etc. at that time.

Nick Hendler

#467 07-14-2009 07:31:50

wyattea

Just out of curiosity, what if we want an upgrade version that doesn't need an importer script? We have previous license, and just want the cheaper price and don't care if there's an update script ready? Some people have so many mods they wouldn't actually 'upgrade' immediately but install separately while incorporating their mods (which could take weeks) before flipping it live. It's not a full version requirement because they wouldn't be running both versions at the same time.

Last edited by wyattea (07-14-2009 07:33:37)

#468 07-14-2009 07:39:48

onestop
Website

To those who complain that CCP requires a great deal of knowledge about CSS/HTML, etc...I couldn't agree more. This is precisely why the Joomla integration is so exciting. I know I know...(we don't know or care about Joomla) that's fine. Keep in mind however, with a small amount of effort one can find many many thousands of Joomla templates and/or components that will almost certainly allow you to create virtually any look you want with a minimum of effort. wwwrockettheme.com, wwwjoomlart.com, wwwdreamtemplate.com just to name a few. Give yourself a couple of hours to play with the Joomla backend and you should find that creating articles and managing the content on your site is as easy to use as Word.

If you don't know how to use Word, wth are you doing messing with a shopping cart? big_smile  j/k.

Seriously, for those who found modding the look and layout of CCP to be a job for an expert programmer or software engineer, the new version of CCP should do away with those concerns almost immediately.

#469 07-14-2009 07:43:59

nigelt

Hang on.... As XMOD's arent free, does that mean that Royal Mail Shipping and "some" uk processing gateways will only be available on handing over more money ?
Thanks
Nige

#470 07-14-2009 08:13:25

paragonhost

I have 6.x that I purchased about 6 weeks or so ago... really been awaiting the 7.x release. So I do not have anything to import really, is there a way to buy the 7.x version at the upgrade price now? and use my 6.x license?

Honestly , I think I am going to install the 7.x version on a new domain vs where it is now, currently it's on the same domain as another cart that I run via a sub folder.

I do have the xMod for ShipWorks running , that is another item I need to make sure is supported , as I use shipworks for more than just CCP, as I run daily manual orders using shipworks.

Thanks!

Dave
http://www.ParagonHost.com

Last edited by paragonhost (07-14-2009 08:14:01)

#471 07-14-2009 09:19:13

Dave

The XMOD for ShipWorks is available for version 7.

#472 07-14-2009 10:31:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The data importer for ClickCartPro 5.1 to ClickCartPro 7 has been made available on the downloads page:

https://kryptronic.com/Software-Downloads

Concerning the version 6 upgrade purchases - we need to install a new section on our website to allow for the upgrades so that your CCP6 license and all the software tied to it can be properly copied over to a version 7 license.  We will have this in place tomorrow along with the CCP6 import script.

Nick Hendler

#473 07-14-2009 10:55:43

NicheDev

onestop wrote:

Seriously, for those who found modding the look and layout of CCP to be a job for an expert programmer or software engineer, the new version of CCP should do away with those concerns almost immediately.

Do you mean as a stand-alone product, or because of the Joomla integration?

#474 07-14-2009 11:31:10

BobbyOnions

Trying to install V7 using a UK V6 licence.

Installer fails on "Step 7 of 13: Core Installation".

My server submits a request to Kryptronic and the reply is this:

Code:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:24:58 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
X-Powered-By: KHXC/6.6.5
Set-Cookie: sid=3w3vwr2l52xs25n1zp6po5z98gn6e884; expires=Fri, 09-Jul-2010 16:24:58 GMT; path=/khxc/; domain=.kryptronic.com
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: must-revalidate
Expires: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:24:58 GMT
Content-Length: 340
Last-Modified: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:24:58 GMT
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE xml SYSTEM "https://central.kryptronic.com/public/dtd/centralserv_resp_error_v1.0.dtd">
<xml>
<status>FAIL</status>
<message>An error was encountered while processing your request. The Kryptronic Central Server administrator has been notified.  Please try again later.</message>
</xml>

Any ideas?

Edit: Clarified that I'm using a V6 licence.

Last edited by BobbyOnions (07-14-2009 11:49:33)

#475 07-14-2009 12:01:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You've got to purchase a v7 license key from Kryptronic.  You can't use a v6 license key in the v7 installer.

Nick Hendler

Board footer