Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-01-2003 01:39:35

kevbo

Hey hey BooBoo

Booboo.

I was wondering if you would be up for documenting / sharing the way you have streamlined your checkout process.  You have nailed (in my opinion) the fewest clicks while keeping a quick yet logical check-out process.
I've spent the last 4 hours chasing down the routines in the checkout pages and I still have not come close.

The post regarding the removal of one step has a downside to it.  As soon as an item is added in the store, the user is taken directly to the shipping page.

You've obviously spend a lot of time working on this and it is understandable if you don't feel like sharing for free.  But if you don't mind, it seems as though several users here could benefit from your hack in the hacks/mods section.

Hey and while we're begging, wouldn't mind seeing what all you modified to tighten up the billing / shipping page.  I thought that would have been an easy mod, but the table setup for that page seems to be spread out over several files which I can't seem to track down correctly.

#2 07-01-2003 11:18:17

altmedic

Re: Hey hey BooBoo

I would love to shorten the checkout process.  If there is a way, I would really appreciate seeing it.  Thanks!

#3 07-01-2003 11:39:46

superhero2000
Website

I second that motion smile

Vinh
VQC Designs, LLC

#4 07-01-2003 12:19:50

jaavi

Me too!

#5 07-01-2003 12:38:57

kevbo

Boo's streamlined the process quite nicely on his site.
A minimum number of steps and the right amount of reviews for those of us that want less steps than the almost 'too thorough' a job the cart does by default.

So if we're lucky . . .

#6 07-01-2003 14:43:42

BooBoo
Website

Sorry, but we have cut over to a new cc gateway and I have been tied up on that.

I have promised David T. the code and I have not been able to get it out yet.  I will post this code this week here for everyone.  I wanted to wait as we are going to move the shipping method to the first order page so that the customer will input all billing/shipping info and shipping method onto one page and then he will go to the cc info page.

We have also added several neat things about cc processing, such as trapping the decline reason, allowing the customer to either resubmit the cc info/call us, differating between an approval/decline/error, and some other neat things.

I want to post the mods all at once so that you will not have to go back and forth.

In addition, I wanted to show the mods for the new upgrade also, but I will wait on this as the mods for the new upgrade will need different code.

Please be patient and I will post it ASAP!

--
Keith Roberts
IT Manager
Laptops For Less, Inc
keith@getadeal.com
<a href="http://www.laptopsforless.com">Your source for laptop batteries, pda batteries, digital camera batteries, cell phone batteries, and accessories</a>

#7 07-03-2003 11:09:28

Jack

You ROCK, BooBoo!

Seems like I'm not the ONLY one (re-)questing the Two-Click Shopping Cart Grail!

Needless to say, >I< am looking forward to seeing this code as well!

MANY thanks for helping out us wee-folk (single person enterprises)!

Jack

#8 07-03-2003 15:25:41

altmedic

Thanks again, BooBoo.  I envy your expertise.  I feel bad that I'm not smart enough to offer anything back from all the help I get.

Board footer